Kopernicus not working

I am trying to install a Kopernicus planet pack, Galaxies Unbound. The only 3 mods I have in my GameData directory (I have all the squad folders) are Kopernicus (1.11.1), Galaxies Unbound (1.11.2), and Module Manager 4.1.4 (the dll file); However, whenever I boot up KSP and gets past the main loading screen (the one with all the little dioramas and the yellow bar at the bottom) it either switches to the black loading screen with the little planetary orbits in the bottom right and stays that way forever, or KSP loads and Kopernicus says that it couldn't load the custom planet thing due to an exception in the loading process. I have banged my head against this computer for 11 hours, tried reinstalling it, constantly checking the log file and to me I couldn't see anything wrong (i'm no expert at reading log files so maybe i'm missing something). Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Would you mind to share your log file with us? Maybe we can find something you've missed :)
Since you cannot attach files to a post directly, you need to upload it somewhere else, for example a cloud service like dropbox, one drive, google drive, etc... and share a download link with us.

If it exists, you can also upload the kopernicus logs instead. Kopernicus creates a "ready to upload" .zip file wich contains pretty much everything you need t o diagnose kopernicus related issues. You can find this file (called "Logs-Kopernicus.zip" in "your_KSP_install_directory/Kerbal Space Program/Logs".
Though, it's possible that kopernicus encountered an issue before it was able to create this log folder, in that case the regular ksp.log should be fine :)

Just now, 4x4cheesecake said:

Would you mind to share your log file with us? Maybe we can find something you've missed :)
Since you cannot attach files to a post directly, you need to upload it somewhere else, for example a cloud service like dropbox, one drive, google drive, etc... and share a download link with us.

If it exists, you can also upload the kopernicus logs instead. Kopernicus creates a "ready to upload" .zip file wich contains pretty much everything you need t o diagnose kopernicus related issues. You can find this file (called "Logs-Kopernicus.zip" in "your_KSP_install_directory/Kerbal Space Program/Logs".
Though, it's possible that kopernicus encountered an issue before it was able to create this log folder, in that case the regular ksp.log should be fine :)

Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xU58X34Kp322dl52LixtVTlAKJ25UHRG/view?usp=sharing and thanks for the help

1 minute ago, ayothepizza said:

Perfect :)

I already spotted your mistake:

You installed kopernicus and galaxies unbound in the wrong way. Looks like you just unzipped the mods directly into your game install and ended with this kind of file path:

.../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Galaxies_Unbound_A_Stellar_Odyssey-1.0.2-3/GU_A-Stellar-Odyssey/GameData/GU/...

In 99% of the cases, every mod contains some kind of "GameData" folder which is supposed to help you to orientate. The "GameData" folder of the mod, is the exact same "GameData" folder of your KSP install. So to install a mod, you need to drop everything from the mods "GameData" folder, into the "GameData" folder of your game.
To pick up the example from above, it should actually look like this:

.../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/GU/...

I actually wrote a tutorial on that topic with more detailed explanations and a lot of pictures:

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

20 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Perfect :)

I already spotted your mistake:

You installed kopernicus and galaxies unbound in the wrong way. Looks like you just unzipped the mods directly into your game install and ended with this kind of file path:

.../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Galaxies_Unbound_A_Stellar_Odyssey-1.0.2-3/GU_A-Stellar-Odyssey/GameData/GU/...

In 99% of the cases, every mod contains some kind of "GameData" folder which is supposed to help you to orientate. The "GameData" folder of the mod, is the exact same "GameData" folder of your KSP install. So to install a mod, you need to drop everything from the mods "GameData" folder, into the "GameData" folder of your game.
To pick up the example from above, it should actually look like this:

.../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/GU/...

I actually wrote a tutorial on that topic with more detailed explanations and a lot of pictures:

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Wow, 11 hours of headbanging for a problem this small... Well thanks regardless! I do still have a few questions though. The yellow bar of the loading screen is full, but it's not moving on for a while. That's normal, right? Also, can I delete the empty mod folders because I removed the actual mod and put it in GameData? Thanks!

1 minute ago, ayothepizza said:

The yellow bar of the loading screen is full, but it's not moving on for a while. That's normal, right?

That's pretty normal, yes. The final step to load the main menu can take some time and it can be faster or slower depending on your system specs and the amount of mods you have installed. As long as you actually get to the main menu, it's fine :)

3 minutes ago, ayothepizza said:

Also, can I delete the empty mod folders because I removed the actual mod and put it in GameData?

Yes, you can delete the empty folders :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.