Hatch obstruction

Hello, I'm very worried because I've been trying to make a crewed starship for a bit now and I can't place the hatch because it's telling me it's obstructed even though there is no obstruction.  Do I just have to deal with no crewed starship? 

(I don't know how to submit a picture if you need one tell me how to do it so I can) 

2 hours ago, Vanadiumn said:

(I don't know how to submit a picture if you need one tell me how to do it so I can) 

Are you using a fairing to form the body of the starship? That often causes the hatch to be blocked.

I recommend using Imgur.com. If you hit "new post" at the top you can upload your image. Hover your mouse over the image once it is uploaded and then click on the three dots. Select "get share links" and then copy the BBCode link. Paste that into the forum, and it should auto-embed.

Welcome to the forums :D

On 4/23/2021 at 11:02 AM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Are you using a fairing to form the body of the starship? That often causes the hatch to be blocked.

I recommend using Imgur.com. If you hit "new post" at the top you can upload your image. Hover your mouse over the image once it is uploaded and then click on the three dots. Select "get share links" and then copy the BBCode link. Paste that into the forum, and it should auto-embed.

Welcome to the forums :D

Thank you for the warm welcome, here's the Starship
2Y1cI0f.png

I fixed it!
I added some octagonal struts inside the fairing and then added the crew module on those octagonal struts and then offset the crew hatch to where it's about halfway out the fairing and it worked. Looks a little ugly but it'll do.
tuGGLZz.png

Edited by Vanadiumn
Not enough detail

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.