Favorite spaceship suddenly gone forever

So my main ship is a kraken drive SSTO. It took 8 hours to build and is shared on steam.

When I went to send it to rescue a kerbal that got stranded in a submarine, I noticed it wasn't there.

So I went to steam and subscribed to it.

I don't know how to say this, but...

It's still not there.

And I spent all that time on it.

It was, dare I say, a PERFECT kraken SSTO.

And it's just gone.

How do I get it back

It'll probably only take you 4 hours to build it again, and now you have good motivation to make backups of your craft files. As far as life lessons go, that's a cheap one.

FYI, your craft files are stored in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\<savename>\Ships\(SPH or VAB)

8 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

It'll probably only take you 4 hours to build it again, and now you have good motivation to make backups of your craft files. As far as life lessons go, that's a cheap one.

FYI, your craft files are stored in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\<savename>\Ships\(SPH or VAB)

I don't use windows I use Kubuntu, but the game itself is structured in the same way. Thanks, it must've gotten corrupted whilst uploading to steam - something IS wrong with my WiFi card. Anyway thanks, the problem is solved! I used some data recovery tools and got it back and now I have it backed up.

3 hours ago, krblman said:

I don't use windows I use Kubuntu, but the game itself is structured in the same way. Thanks, it must've gotten corrupted whilst uploading to steam - something IS wrong with my WiFi card. Anyway thanks, the problem is solved! I used some data recovery tools and got it back and now I have it backed up.

I use the following script to launch KSP on Ubuntu

#!/bin/sh
cd /home/hdw/Desktop/KSP/
cd /home/hdw/Desktop/KSP/KSP_1.11.2
tar cfz ../Backups/1.11.2/SSC_JPL-`date +"%Y.%m.%d-%H.%M.%S"`.tgz saves/
cd ..
rm LastBackup*.txt
touch LastBackup`date +"%Y.%m.%d-%H.%M.%S"`.txt
cd /home/hdw/Desktop/KSP
find . -name 'MiniAVC.*' -exec rm '{}' \;
find . -name 'zKACBACKUP*' -exec rm '{}' \;
find . -name 'PartDatabase.cfg' -exec rm '{}' \;
LC_ALL=C DRI_PRIME=1 time -a -o newtimelog.txt -f "%e" ./KSP_1.11.2/KSP.x86_64

So I always backup my game at every start ;)

8 hours ago, krblman said:

Glad you got it back. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.