Reusable Rocket Program (RRP)

All throughout the past week I have been experimenting with reusable rockets, and now I have decided to allow an insight through all the developments, successes and failures of my new rocket program! I will try to upload new material as quickly as possible. This is inspired by SpaceX's Starship program, but Kerbalized. I hope you have as much fun as I did reading this! PS: Everything that is documented here actually happened with no "scripted" hiccups and explosions.

A full blueprint of a proposed fully-reusable craft was drawn up and the testing would take place in stages, starting with the engines...

Starting off, a small tank-like structure used to test a new-radical engine: the KS-25. The development team produced this with onw goal in mind: it had to have enormous gimbal to deal with the large boosters and being able to land them. The first prototype would be named K1 - all mission ready craft would receive the designation KN --. The first test went well to begin with: the three KS-25 engines ignited without any issues, and the gimbal seemed to be enough as it manoeuvred over the grassland near the space-centre. However, as it began the landing sequence, disaster struck. The engines over-gimballed and the craft plunged into the ground, destroying most of it. 

https://imgur.com/a/46wQDu8

The team was unfazed by this disaster and began work on the second prototype. The second test went perfectly, as the craft took off, moved around and hovered, and then landed. The team immediately started work on the next stage of the project.

https://imgur.com/a/biLFMTR

The next stage will be published in the next few days, following the startling progress of the new program and full K1 prototype, ready for the first mission by the end of August if all goes well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.