cant stop throttling up

so I have been playing this game for about 3 months now and I can confidently say that it is my favorite game, but recently I found a bug where when I press the shift key for any time at all from a tiny tap to holding it for 3 seconds that the throttle keeps on going up even after I let go of the shift key one at full throttle the ctrl key doesn't bring the throttle down and the only way to stop burning is to hit x. this happens for all of the in game engines and restarting computer/game did nothing to help I have no DLCs installed, and I couldn't find any info on the internet about this issue. it started happening right after sticky keys did its popup thing but I disabled all sticky key functions and the problem continued. if you could sugest some trouble shooting options that would be great. thanks

Are you sure StickyKeys is switched off? Does the control key work if you press it outside of KSP? Check your control keybinds to make sure that shift and control are correctly assigned to throttle up/down?

I'd say StickyKeys is the most likely culprit in this case as it sounds exactly like what that's supposed to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.