Missing alarm clock

I started using the stock alarm clock in version 1.11-1, but when I upgraded to version 1-11.2 (via a Steam update), I had two problems. First, all my existing vessels were no longer compatible. That wasn't a big problem since being a newbie it gave me a chance to "start over" with a better idea of how to proceed. The other problem is a little more troubling; the stock alarm clock is no longer available. I've upgraded the tracking station to level 3 so that can't be the issue, and I can't figure out how to get the alarm clock back. Was it removed as a part of the  11.1-2 upgrade? If not, any hints on how to get it back? I guess I could install the alarm clock mod, but I'm curious why the stock one is no longer there.

Stock alarm clock was introduced in 1.12 IIRC, not 1.11. Try verifying the files in Steam (Steam library > right click KSP > properties > local files > verify integrity), that should download any missing or corrupted files again. Turn off steam cloud sync for KSP too, that just seems to cause problems.

Are you sure you weren’t using the KAC mod in 1.11.1 along with other mods? Putting mods into the Steam copy of KSP and then updating KSP itself is a good way to break stuff and if some mods went missing that would explain the incompatible craft- generally speaking all craft made of stock parts are fully compatible when you update the game version to avoid any issues of losing crafts or saves when updating the game, so I suspect you’ve been using mods that are now broken or missing.

Well, poop! I had saved the old version of KSP before I installed the new one, then ran into some issues so I switched things around and re-downloaded from Steam a few times.. Turns out that my "old saved game" is version 1.12.3142, while the "new game" is 1.11.2307. Time for me to take a smart pill and rename the two folders correctly.

At least I got lots of practice starting from scratch, so now I can continue (on the latest version!)  with a little more experience under my belt.

Thanks for the confirmation about the Alarm Clock and sorry for the bother.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.