Troubleshooting my own install

Was wondering if anyone can point me in a direction for learning how to read and troubleshoot my install. Am currently getting stuck at 'loading part upgrades' and would like to try and figure out on my own what's going on. I've opened ksp.log and player.log but don't really know what I'm looking for. 

If the game isn’t loading properly, the first thing you’d want to look for is an exception or error message in the logs- these usually include information on what’s going wrong and can point the finger at a specific mod, part or patch that’s causing the problem. If the game stops loading then it’s probably because an exception has occurred that the game can’t deal with, so check the very end of the log files and work backwards; a good text editor like VSCode makes this vastly easier than using the default Notepad as it has many more search options.

Can you post the logs you’ve got?

No log file, I've since done a few clean installs and through trial and error figured the mods conflicting. Thank you for the info on what to look for. It will be helpful if I add any mods in the future and have trouble.  I did find a Notepad ++ plugin that makes reading log files easier by highlighting only certain messages. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.