problem with plane design in FAR

i have problem with plane design in FAR . i am playing in real solar system and using far but i can't understand what i am doing that makes my plane unable of flight it barely liftes from the ground and also as soon as i get higher altitude the plane become unstable please can some one tell me what is wrong with my plane 

KSP-x64-2021-11-18-16-13-13-589.jpg

KSP-x64-2021-11-18-16-13-27-239.jpg

KSP-x64-2021-11-18-16-13-46-276.jpg

Edited by Ninadragonborn

Right…

First of all, why are you using stock parts in RSS? Unless you’re using SMURFF at full power to make them more realistically balanced, you’re going to have a really bad time of it. Stock parts are woefully underpowered compared to reality- fuel tanks have ridiculously high dry masses, engines have terrible thrust to weight ratios and so on- so I strongly recommend you either use SMURFF to rebalance those parts, or look into Realism Overhaul instead.

Secondly, the wing positions are wrong. Take the fins off the tail and put them near the nose as canards instead, then shift the main wings back a bit. Right now those elevons on your main wings are going to provide zero pitch authority as they’re right on top of the wheels plus the fins further back will cancel out their pitch effects, while the fins at the back don’t have much leverage to lift the nose off the runway; by swapping to canards on the nose you increase the pitch leverage considerably, pull the nose up (generating more lift) rather than pushing the tail down (generating less) and if you shift the main wings back those elevons can come into play too for extra pitch control, not to mention the fact that your lift will be more balanced relative to the centre of mass.

And thirdly, the main landing gear is a bit too far back. Move it forwards a bit and you might find pulling the nose up on three runway much easier.

25 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Right…

First of all, why are you using stock parts in RSS? Unless you’re using SMURFF at full power to make them more realistically balanced, you’re going to have a really bad time of it. Stock parts are woefully underpowered compared to reality- fuel tanks have ridiculously high dry masses, engines have terrible thrust to weight ratios and so on- so I strongly recommend you either use SMURFF to rebalance those parts, or look into Realism Overhaul instead.

Secondly, the wing positions are wrong. Take the fins off the tail and put them near the nose as canards instead, then shift the main wings back a bit. Right now those elevons on your main wings are going to provide zero pitch authority as they’re right on top of the wheels plus the fins further back will cancel out their pitch effects, while the fins at the back don’t have much leverage to lift the nose off the runway; by swapping to canards on the nose you increase the pitch leverage considerably, pull the nose up (generating more lift) rather than pushing the tail down (generating less) and if you shift the main wings back those elevons can come into play too for extra pitch control, not to mention the fact that your lift will be more balanced relative to the centre of mass.

And thirdly, the main landing gear is a bit too far back. Move it forwards a bit and you might find pulling the nose up on three runway much easier.

yes i am using  Smurrf with out Smurrf i can't get even to orbit .

thanks a lot really this is so helpful :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.