Can't complete SENTINEL infrared telescope mission

One of the missions I have is to detect 2 comets with a SENTINEL Infrared Telescope. The objectives are and current status are:

• Have a SENTINEL Infrared Telescope on the vessel (incomplete)
  • Achieve orbit around the Sun )Complete)
  • Detect 2 new comets (Incomplete)

I’m having 2 issues with this mission. First, I really do have “a SENTINEL Infrared Telescope on the vessel”. It’s operational and seems to be working fine.

Secondly, when I right-click on the telescope, the status shows “Telescope: Misaligned with Kerbin”.

A screenshot of the telescope in orbit is here.

So, any idea why KSP doesn’t seem to think that I have a telescope on board the vessel and what the misalignment status means (and how to correct it)?

4 hours ago, macbates said:

Thanks! I'm on the opposite side of the sun from Kerbin, so that explains it. Any idea about why KSP seems to think that the vessel doesn't have a telescope on board?

Screenshot of the whole KSP screen including the contract in the contract list? It doesn't keep track of that parameter when the vessel isn't loaded, but you should still be fine.

I noticed that the vessel was set to a ship, so I changed it to a probe. After doing that the contract showed that the telescope was on the vessel, so I'm OK. Seems a bit strange, but as long as it works, I'm fine. Thanks for the suggestions about the location vis-a-vis Kerbin; I time warped so that it caught up with Kerbin, and the misalignment issue want away

Now to wait for things to be detected...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.