Phoenix Solar Panel

hi all

im making circular solar panel....

i manage to get it in to game but i can only see its huge shadow on ground and unlimited surface on part lab... its makes explode on launchpad :Z i used meter in 3dsmax and used meter when i exporting to dae :Z i try rescale/scale on cfg and cm when exporting nothing helps :Z

actual radius of solar panel is 1.5m aprox. on 3dsmax maybe i configure cfg wrong :Z can someone help pls?

Edited by ashrutoraman

I've all but given up modelling for now simply because of this issue that i haven't managed to figure out yet. I was modelling destiny from stargate but i can't get past this scaling issue and it's frustrated me to the point of giving up modelling for a while lol Good luck anyways and if you figure a solution please pm me

i made new model so its same with phoenix lander now.. and planing to animate it with powertech like phoenix also... dont know power tech can do it or not.... but i have created all neccesery parts collider_Segments of each panel and also node_collider with stack point and have collider for moving arm..... but i dont know how to make power tech will animate both solar panel deploying + arm move simultaneously? also i read powertech Specifications for part making http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/8751-Plugin-0-17-PowerTech-v0-2-6-1?highlight=powertech there.. but its looks like its for advanced mod makers + my bad english so i only get half of it :Z :P:)

its looks like giving animation to part on cfg module parameters but i dont know where to start... (or how to make it actualy :P) so help pls :)

http://www./?gphcpa4q9yc68xo

circularsolarpanel1.jpg

circularsolarpanel2.jpg

circularsolarpanel3.jpg

heres the animation of Phoenix Lander panels; wich is i want to achive :P

Edited by ashrutoraman

oke i wanna test my model witout animation or anything else i created very basic cfg file for it and and created dae file from max... what to do next? ... i manage to correctly scale it on game and teporary assign texture to it.. now i can see it on game with correct scale

theres no more tutorial after exporting dae on 3dsmax tutorial and theres not much explanation for 3dsmax like blender... :(

panelongame.jpg

and we can see game using this part very different way :Z lol... its completly different orientation of sub parts and wheres the rest fo panels? i can only see 2 of them there (maybe they are in same position with these 2 one)... and you can see that part connecting to fuel tank is not actualy there when i convert it to dae?

i wrote to alchemist for powertech help but looks like i need to fix something before powertech :D lol

note: currently reading about unity + kps part tools looks like i need to get it on unity first and organize it there... and than convert it to .mu format before using it on game

im done with kps part tool + unity and now stuck in loading screen realy cool :Z gonna give up soon....

Edited by ashrutoraman

reinstall max and use meters on units and also unchek automatic and mark meters on exporting window... that was same with my old installation but suddenly reinstalling max fixed this issue... dont know exacly what causing that actualy... using sclae 1.0 at unity and ''scale = 1'' at cfg file...

btw im doing evryting right at unity and part tool....

but im still getting stuck at loading screen...

i can only manage to add single meshes to game like single box... but cant sucsses for multiple mesh models... any explanation for it? do i need to do something about multiple meshes on max? or in unity? if i make them to collapse 1 single mesh than they are losing their animation cause of pivot point loses... :Z and reseting x form doesnt helps also... maybe im doing cfg wrong? cfg file can cause that?

i can make animation on max so when i exporting.... im exporting animation also with fbx and than to unity and .mu format.... how can i enable this animation on game? like landing gear? do i need to do it on cfg file? actualy first i need to solve stucking on loading screen thing before implementing animation :)

... didnt got any help and couldnt found useful info about problem ... :(

Edited by ashrutoraman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.