Robotic parts - Sensor triggers

Sensor triggers as added to robotic parts which can trigger an action much like the robot controller. Fuel tank sensors to trigger staging when a tank gets empty. Maybe one that measures wind speed speed and density and triggers certain fragile deployable parts to retract. I think this would be important for ships with long thrust periods that will continue to execute thrust while not in focus as was mentioned in one of your videos. This will allow them to release tanks when criteria are met according to your design.

14 hours ago, jclovis3 said:

Sensor triggers as added to robotic parts which can trigger an action much like the robot controller. Fuel tank sensors to trigger staging when a tank gets empty. Maybe one that measures wind speed speed and density and triggers certain fragile deployable parts to retract. I think this would be important for ships with long thrust periods that will continue to execute thrust while not in focus as was mentioned in one of your videos. This will allow them to release tanks when criteria are met according to your design.

If I may add to this line of thought, I think motion triggered lights would be nice too. Like if your setting up experiments far from the craft, the lights would turn off and not waste electricity.

• 2 weeks later...