weird side ways aerodynamics forces starts appearing on the vessel in mid flight with ferram areospace in ro rp1

This is a perfectly good and tested design. I did a number of contracts with it but for some reason it now have these weird force appearing mid flight

I only changed the engine, size of fuel tank for first stage also the fin to maintain center of mass above the aerodynamic overlay

bjhxGno.png

oJbaZPv.png

The stock aero overlay and FAR don’t necessarily look at the same things. Is the rocket unstable in flight? It looks like you’re pitching over pretty steeply which could indicate you need to pitch a bit faster when you start your gravity turn.

Try adjusting the priority of your fuel tanks so they drain from bottom to top, this will keep the centre of mass towards the front of the rocket for as long as possible. Unless this is a very early rocket with limited or no engine gimbal or a particularly draggy payload on top, you shouldn’t need fins at all.

If you’re going to post screenshots of simulations, try doing them in daylight or with ambient lighting turned up so the vessel is visible.

On 10/3/2022 at 4:35 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

The stock aero overlay and FAR don’t necessarily look at the same things. Is the rocket unstable in flight? It looks like you’re pitching over pretty steeply which could indicate you need to pitch a bit faster when you start your gravity turn.

Try adjusting the priority of your fuel tanks so they drain from bottom to top, this will keep the centre of mass towards the front of the rocket for as long as possible. Unless this is a very early rocket with limited or no engine gimbal or a particularly draggy payload on top, you shouldn’t need fins at all.

If you’re going to post screenshots of simulations, try doing them in daylight or with ambient lighting turned up so the vessel is visible.

I am on early rocketry

I have tried all the possible solution (increasing the size of fins, changing angle of launch (as it is unguided), spin stabilization, without spin stabilization ) but for some reason all my rocket tackling the same problem

these all were completely well flying rockets before

also every time it starts happening at the almost the same time and velocityc6vxDBv.png

Edited by Ani_27166343

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.