Game stops loading on start up screen

So pretty much I try to boot up the game from the launcher and it stops loading at Squad/Parts/@thumbs/sepMotor1_icon which is about 5% of the way to being done based off my rough guess from the progress bar. The game is not frozen because the splash text still changes as well as the loading screens. My pc isn't weak either and I downloaded the game about a week ago and have never had mods. My PC is also under pretty heavy strain while this is happening, 40% CPU usage and 80% GPU usage. My PC is no slouch either, Ryzen 7 5800x, 32 gigs 4000mhz RAM, RTX 3060 12 gigs.

Edited by Epsilon_Operative
adding extra info

Sounds like an exception in the loading process is causing the game to stop loading, however the loading screens and tips are separate to that so they'll just keep on going even when the game will never load. If you got KSP via Steam, verify the game files (right click KSP in Steam > properties > local files) and if that doesn't fix it or you didn't get KSP via Steam, back up your save games and then uninstall and reinstall KSP.

On 12/16/2022 at 3:59 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Sounds like an exception in the loading process is causing the game to stop loading, however the loading screens and tips are separate to that so they'll just keep on going even when the game will never load. If you got KSP via Steam, verify the game files (right click KSP in Steam > properties > local files) and if that doesn't fix it or you didn't get KSP via Steam, back up your save games and then uninstall and reinstall KSP.

1 fresh install later and the problem is fixed, thanks for the help!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.