KSP = Kerbal Space PIRATES !!!

LickableIce

It might be interesting to see how many people who download the game without paying end up actually buying the game because they like what they play.

With a lot of us here on the forum, we were here long before the game went paid... and so we sort of knew what to expect from the full release and were therefore more willing to part with the cash. However, nowadays, as the demo and full release get separated by a wider and wider gap I can understand, from the point of view of wanting to know what you're going to get, why somebody might pirate the game before spending any of their money.

Perhaps that's naive... and I certainly don't mean to sound as though I condone it... just to say that I understand it from that point of view. What I don't understand is pirating it, liking it, but not paying for it because you're just cheap. If you can afford a computer to run the game, you can afford the money to buy the game.

It might be interesting to see how many people who download the game without paying end up actually buying the game because they like what they play.

With a lot of us here on the forum, we were here long before the game went paid... and so we sort of knew what to expect from the full release and were therefore more willing to part with the cash. However, nowadays, as the demo and full release get separated by a wider and wider gap I can understand, from the point of view of wanting to know what you're going to get, why somebody might pirate the game before spending any of their money.

Perhaps that's naive... and I certainly don't mean to sound as though I condone it... just to say that I understand it from that point of view. What I don't understand is pirating it, liking it, but not paying for it because you're just cheap. If you can afford a computer to run the game, you can afford the money to buy the game.

Personally, I think the demo pretty much negates this argument. They're not so far apart that you can't tell whether you wouldn't like the game or not. I bought the full game based on the demo. Yes it lacks a lot of the features of the full game, but it's not really that difficult to play the demo, look at the changelog and extrapolate whether you'd want the full game.

Tell your parents it's an educational game that will make you become a rocket scientist. Seriously. A colleague of mine bought the game for his 12 years old son, and the kid is having a blast & learning a lot of stuff. There is no age for fun and for learning about science!

lol ill try thx

If you have the right attitude, piracy can be helpful. Perhaps there may be a game that you're not sure if you'll like it or not. so you download an illicit copy and decide on whether its good or not. If it's good, you pay because your an honest person, if its not you delete it because you haven't payed for it. Not a single person loses money or is stolen from, and you ended up supporting the developers because you gave the game a chance, which you might not have had piracy not been an option.

However, there is no excuse for piracy if the game offers a free demo such as KSP. At that point, all you want is to play the most updated version without giving a couple bucks to the guys who worked hard on it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.