Ladder Bug

Diego_

KSP2 Version: 0.1.0.0.20892
Operating System: Windows 11
CPU,GPU and RAM: i9 9900KF, RTX 2060 (6GB VRAM), 32GB RAM 
Mods: 0
Description of the bug: 
The only way I can get up the ladders in the ship is by pressing the F key repeatedly.

You say ladders (plural). Do you have more than one daisy chained to span the distance? If so, then pressing F when you’re at the point where two ladders meet will get you from one to the other. If that’s not it then you should  be able to move up with”w” and down with “s”. If anything I’ve found the ladders easier to use in ksp2, but your experience may be very different.

It is true that it should be easier to use the ladders, but my problem is that when I press the W or S key my Kerbal does not move up or down the ladders unless I press the F key continuously, it literally just climbs up the ladders, which in KSP 1 never happened (in my experience).
This bug only happens to me when I try to go up or down the ladders that are made up of different parts (the ones that don't fold) to go from one ladder to another, which means that I can't go up simply by holding down the W key.

I agree with schlosrat, initially I could not figure out how to move from the command pod down the ladder.  In KSP1, it automatically transitioned to the ladder depending on placement.  Now that I know to use the F key in KSP2, it seems to work very well.  By F key, I mean I only need to press it once to make the transition.  

Edited by Joker58th

Here is the video :)

The Kerbal goes up or down a bit with the W and S keys, but when it stops I hit the F key and that's when it seems to slide in the ladders

Edited by Diego_

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 8:17 AM, Joker58th said:

Yeah, that is odd, can you post a video showing the issue?

I am seeing the exact same behavior. This sucks. I would much prefer it to automatically transition between ladders that make a continuous path. Much like KSP1 did.

And this is with Patch 1 installed if that even matters.

On 2/28/2023 at 5:50 PM, Diego_ said:

Here is the video :)

The Kerbal goes up or down a bit with the W and S keys, but when it stops I hit the F key and that's when it seems to slide in the ladders

Sorry, I totally missed your posting this video until now.  Yeah, this is the way it is for now until they add the option to not stop at the end of a ladder like KSP1.   The only think you can do for now is to use the larger folding ladders to minimize how many times you have to press F.

On 2/28/2023 at 11:50 PM, Diego_ said:

i do believe this is not a bug but intentional behavior from the developers.
it makes falling of ladders "impossible" or at least harder.

in KSP 1 we had the option to toggle stop att the end of ladders. i think this is the same thing except that we do not have a toggle for it. 

this seam like a easy fix with a toggle in the gameplay menu.