"This save file requires more resources than available in current VAB!"

schlosrat

I'm getting this screwy warning dialog that says "This save file requires more resources than available in the current VAB! You can still load and work on it. You cannot launch if there are not enough resources." The options are "Cancel" or "Load".

Given that we're all playing in Sandbox Mode, what on earth does this mean? It's not like we're in Career Mode with some sort of resource limitation. Also, the rocket I'm working on has a total mass of 447.34 t, dry mass of 100.34 t, 100 parts, is 35.65 m tall, with length and width of 14.69 m.

It really just doesn't seem all that big, and besides, the game does let me launch it - so why the warning dialog?

I think this is caused by the BZ-52 radial attachment point (attachpoint_1v_radial). It has been mistakenly configured with a resource cost, and you have no resources available in the VAB (because that's not implemented in the current release), so it triggers the warning. It looks like that's the only part with a non-zero cost.

5 hours ago, Excors said:

I think this is caused by the BZ-52 radial attachment point (attachpoint_1v_radial). It has been mistakenly configured with a resource cost, and you have no resources available in the VAB (because that's not implemented in the current release), so it triggers the warning. It looks like that's the only part with a non-zero cost.

Thanks for the insight

Edited by harbingerdawn
added quote

I've tried my craft without the BZ-52's and it's still giving me this. I'll have to poke around for which part(s) may be causing it, but sadly removing the radial decouplers was not the solution in my case.

Edit: Doh! BZ-52's are the SM Radial Attachment Point! For some reason I was thinking TT-38K (SM Radial Decoupler), so removed those in error. With the *actual* BZ-52's gone it loads fine now.

Edited by schlosrat