Failing to save any game (autosave, quicksave and game save)

real_filami

Hi everyone.

Expected - game to be able to save properly

Seen - game sudently stopped being able to do any quick save, auto save or regular game save.

Not sure how I ended up in this situation, was trying to build a large vehicle in orbit using multiple large parts and at some point the game broke and I am not able to save anymore, Sadly, this campain file seems to be done for.

which files should I upload to help debug this issue?

Check the size of your last save file.

There’s a known bug that blows up the size of your save game file - they can get to GB sizes. If it’s this your best bet may be to revert to a save that’s small enough and editor can open it and then delete all the content in the last section TravelLogSomethingorother. This will get you back down to a file in the small number of MB size if that’s the problem

Does not seem to be the same bug. Largest file I found was 3700 Kb which is reasonable. I can however try to load an earlier version of the campain and see if I can start saving from there. I can also try to backup the workspaces folder to see if there is a vehicle that is messing up and confusing the game.

I'm seeing the same behaviour.  Normal save, auto-save and quick save aren't working.  Pressing the quick save key does produce the chirp but nothing is saved.

Last save file size was 2,465kb so doesn't appear to be related to the huge save file size. 

Issue cropped up immediately after a successful dock created a combined vessel.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you think your save problems are to do with the VAB/"large vehicle" you are building? I am having issues with my save file after making a large vessel that threw the "this save file requires more resources than available in the current VAB" message. It *seems* like anything I do with that particular craft is not saved. Other small craft seem to be saved, but my save game is always the same autosave file which refuses to save any launches by my big ship. All of this boggles my mind, but that's how it looks. :retrograde: