Help, Mechjeb can't go past 70km

HYCity

Every time I tried to orbit  with Mechjeb2 with the ascent guidance, the periapsis will not go past 70km but the apoapsis always meets my targeted orbit altitude. I've looked through youtube and forums but there is nothing. It may be something stupid but I don't know.

I can think of two things...

The Edit Path on the Ascent Guidance.. Open that up and look at the "end altitude" .. (The Default is 60 km)  Change that to any altitude you want.. Also make sure it matches the altitude you are aiming for in the main panel (So if you, want your altitude to reach, is say 200 you want to have the end altitude for 200 on the "End Altitude " on your edit path Function.

Now the only other thing I could think of is which version of Mechjeb 2 you are currently using... Because the latest build (Build 152) on the developers version seems a bit off, as I have noted that as soon as the rocket gets into space at 70Km, the rocket tends to make a quick hard turn to  oritent itself into horizontal flight quickly or it is trying to fight itself.. (this might be a simple coding error I can think of..)

Other than the build number and the altitude and end altitude issues , you've probably got something conflicting with what altitude you want, as well as what your end altitude is.. That's about it on my end.

Space_ Coyote.

On 3/14/2023 at 5:40 PM, HYCity said:

Nope, it was already checked but I'm still having the same issue

You want it unchecked, that way it will circularize your orbit.  You know, instead of skipping the maneuver.

if all else fails you can just cancel Auto ascent and use maneuver planner to orbit. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.