Ship develops a massive list due to tiniest CoM offset

Good afternoon, gentlemen.

Please observe my tiny aircraft carrier:

DWQklXo.png

Now, my problem is that the CoM is slightly offset off the centreline due to the weight of the superstructure:

YFVIaLq.png

I would think nothing of it, however this small offset results in the following:

ltYDxi7.png

That's unfortunate, but I could just balance the superstructure with an ore tank or something, right? I could and I did -- see picture 1. This, however, does not remedy the issue of the carrier developing a list the moment the CoM moves even a little off the centreline -- aircraft movements on the deck cause near-capsizing, to say nothing of a hard landing -- on a runway that short one rarely has the luxury of choosing where to touch down. The floats solve the problem of the list...

gTWw52g.png

...but look utterly ridiculous, don't fit in the fairing (yes, the flight deck folds to fit the carrier into a 5 m fairing) and therefore will never be used. A massive keel is also not an option.

So my question is, how do I make the bloody thing stable?

I've filling up the tanks under the waterline, emptying them, filling them with only liquid fuel -- no change in the list. I've been giving some consideration to creating an active system to steady the carrier with SAS or moving a weight port and starboard, but I've not yet been able to figure out the details. As such, any help will be appreciated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.