If someone told me mechjeb makes life THAT much easier...

dimovski

so, today i DL-ed mechjeb, and instantly took my Ciklon Mk IV (my ciklon has around 9 versions, lol, 8 of which were designed for the mun, and 1 for multi-chute development,and funnily enough, atleast 5 of em can leave Sun SoI :o) for a mission , and picked jool, i didnt managed to circularize my orbit so that it was some 100.000 to 13.000km ,and then i hit laythe :o and i managed to land on it unpowered :o by the way, am i the only one who feels scared when looking into jool from laythe?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34881[/ATTACH]

I use mech jeb when i first started to use it i took it for granted, as a result it made me terrible at the game. So i took the option to not use it but only for orbital info and craft details. and somtimes skipping orbital accents as i find that kinda monotonous.

I am getting back to been good with the game and its so much more rewarding getting somewhere and halfway back.......

And yes it dose look kinda haunting but beautiful at the same time

joolrise.png

Mechjeb's information readouts are invaluable. It's the autopilot I'm in disagreement with personally.

I personally use protractor, and kerbal engineer redux.. Both of which gives the same info set as mechjeb, but don't have an autopilot. I've had little trouble at least orbiting pretty much everything in the solar system except moho, which was just a flyby, manually.

Also, why are you running KSP twice at the same time, Omega?

Mechjeb made people bad at the game? MechJeb taught me how to get to Minmus. Because of it, I don't even need it to get there any more. My advice, if you really care about being "good at the game", use it as a tool, not a crutch. If you don't care and you just want to have fun, use it as much as you want. I cannot stress this enough: If you're not having fun using MechJeb, don't use it. If you can't have fun without MechJeb, use it as much as you want. The point of the game isn't to prove how good you are. That's only a bonus.

I'll see myself out now.

EDIT: As for me, I gave up trying to do complex maneuvers with MechJeb because with every new update, it messes stuff up more frequently. Whenever I use it, it's either for the instrumentation or the really awesome Smart A.S.S. In fact, ram0n should make a lite version that's just instrumentation and Smart A.S.S.

Edited by AlternNocturn

I...Don't get it? What are trying to say? You downloaded mechjeb, shot for Jool, messed up, then crashed into laythe...

I don't see what mechjeb has to do with this.

I used MechJeb for everything until .17 came out, and my computer decided it really didn't like MechJeb and dropped my framerate to 1 fps, so now I don't use it anymore.

Sounds like an issue on your end, I'm running it just fine. Did you update mechjeb? Latest version is 1.9.3

I use mech jeb when i first started to use it i took it for granted, as a result it made me terrible at the game.

...HOW? What did it do, specifically, that made you so terrible?

I proved I can fly to an orbit, get into a transfer orbit with the mun, then land on the mun and return all on stock 0.13 parts with no mechjeb.

So why do I use mechjeb all the time now... because as far as I'm concerned I have nothing to prove in the flying stakes, and it makes the game easier to play

so I can concentrate on the far more important things such as getting my Duna rescue lander into Kerbal orbit without it blowing up/falling apart or just plain crashing.

Oh well back to the drawing board again

Boris

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.