(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

so asicly you made this from an idea in your head?

no, not even that... I made each piece and then just kept adding pieces until you see the monstrosity we have before us.

If you can find me a photo of a craft similar in anyway id be keen to see it. Things might be inspired, but yeah essentially it was made over 2 days as a side project to test

some new engines.

Edited by Devo

Hmm... You know, Devo. I have a couple of radical ideas for you if you want to try it.

Basically variants of the cargo bay doors -

Variant 1: This variant would be almost identical to the standard version except that it has a bay door on the opposite side as well as the one already there. This might make it easier to fit larger cargoes and vehicles into the bay. ( It would also allow for silliness like trying to fly small jets and/or spaceships THROUGH the cargo bay at high speed. LOL :D )

Variant 1 involves a relatively minor change to the design. Though I foresee you having to shorten the ramps or make them telescope in order to fit a ramp under the doors on either side.

Variant 2 is more radical.

Variant 2: You already have extendable landing legs for the craft. Why not go the full TB2 route with this thing and have them be capable of extending WAY High up and have a cargo bay that lowers down at the same time with front and rear "drive-thru" ramps? Kinda the same idea as the above, but front to back rather than side to side.

Number 2 in fact would be excellent practice for your future Thunderbird 2 re-creation should you decide to do it.

Edited by Logan.Darklighter
Additional commentary I didn't think of the first time

Realy nice ship, and its large enough to carry my space truck

KSPTruckinWT51.png

But it does tend to bounce around a bit when inside, havent tried flying while it is parked inside yet.

Also the kerbonaouts seem to just vaporise when they hit any part of the ramp or inside of the cargo bay.

KSPWT51Kerbaldisappers.png

That cloud of dust is Bill Who tried to jump onto the ramp

Ok guys I just figured out the exploding kerbal issue lol..

Because the hatch is inside the cargo bay, the closing doors were knocking the hatch collider around (you see the ramp just before the doors inside?) I needed to angle the hatch better to

fit that slope, all good now.

Cockpit, I found the EVA really sucked to get back into so I made it much larger, much easier to get back into the cockpit from the front bay now.

Please download this fix pack, contains a new cockpit and cargo with fixed EVA.

http://www./?d7hpvi3ydt3p5lc

Edited by Devo

Hmm... You know, Devo. I have a couple of radical ideas for you if you want to try it.

Basically variants of the cargo bay doors -

Variant 1: This variant would be almost identical to the standard version except that it has a bay door on the opposite side as well as the one already there. This might make it easier to fit larger cargoes and vehicles into the bay. ( It would also allow for silliness like trying to fly small jets and/or spaceships THROUGH the cargo bay at high speed. LOL :D )

Variant 1 involves a relatively minor change to the design. Though I foresee you having to shorten the ramps or make them telescope in order to fit a ramp under the doors on either side.

Variant 2 is more radical.

Variant 2: You already have extendable landing legs for the craft. Why not go the full TB2 route with this thing and have them be capable of extending WAY High up and have a cargo bay that lowers down at the same time with front and rear "drive-thru" ramps? Kinda the same idea as the above, but front to back rather than side to side.

Number 2 in fact would be excellent practice for your future Thunderbird 2 re-creation should you decide to do it.

no such thing as Radical but I am making a thunderbird 2, so number# we might as well do on that.

I do like your idea of the dual cargo bay doors, I will make it happen. We just need to be mindful that attached parts on animated objects do not go with the animations. So example, If you put an RCS thruster on the nose of the ship, and you open the cargo nose bay door, you will see the rcs thruster stays in position and does not animate with the part - this is just a limitation of KSP and unity and not alot can be done about it without serious plugin coding work. The only people I know who have made an animated object that can rotate and turn other objects is Damned robotics.

I so can't wait to see your Thunderbird 2, out of all of them, that's my favorite. Are you planning a Thunderbird 4?

Not planning on anything anymore to be honest, the forum wipe gave me a chance to clear my crap a bit so to speak, right now I have a few things that I was working on, but for the moment, ive got a clear slate and im trying to figure out what the next project will be, i might just do another one of these next, where there is no real plan or design, seems to be alot faster for me to model etc. I might look on at thunderbirds down the road, from my experience now the more valuable mods are ones that interact with stock parts, so ill try and focus on that more really.

You honestly made my night with this. Just a few weeks ago I was in the IRC channel wishing that someone could make a ship similar to the Serenity from Firefly (hint hint?), and this is right along those lines. Seeing the hull design, cargo bay doors, and VTOL engines tells me that a faithful recreation could be done, so I'll keep my fingers crossed! As with the Pegasus and Eagle, your work is top-notch, even if you're trying to fulfill a sci-fi design instead of sticking to realism. I'm always looking forward to your work and I can't wait to see what you wind up doing next.

(Little side note: Going EVA from the cockpit causes some interesting and comical results where the boys are getting stuck coming out the door)

(Edit: Just saw your post where you said you made some changes regarding the cockpit, so I'll re-download and see if that resolves the issue)

Edited by jsteele726

theres always the phoenix and dove from journey to the far side of the sun. biodomes for silent running ships. some high ground clearance landing gear.

Already have alot of the silent running stuff done, all my biodomes were based on that, one of my favourite movies. :)

Hi there I am using the Pegasus 2, awesome btw !! however it doesnt use up fuel flying it ? the only resources available are mono prop and electric?

Because it uses mumech engines, they use fuel differently.

Now that I am more versed on liquid engines, im converting the PX-2 and the Eagle to liquid engines.

Now that I am more versed on liquid engines, im converting the PX-2 and the Eagle to liquid engines.

Excellent. That means I can keep the Eagles up on the Mun at MBA indefinitely as long as there's a Kethane cracking station or a fuel depot delivered from Kerbin every now and again.

BTW guys? I have set up a Twitch Channel. And I'm wondering, would you guys be interested in seeing how I mod and pilot the Eagles? I won't claim to be the best pilot around, but I've learned a few things here and there. And I can show you how to mod Eagles for specific tasks as well as piloting tips in using manual and semi-manual piloting with Mech-Jeb and getting the most out of the Wayland Eagle.

I live in Texas. So times will be based off of Central Standard Time in the US. I can stay up pretty late though for people who are in radically different time zones since I'm naturally something of a night-owl.

I'm thinking of starting sometime tomorrow (Monday April 22) around 8-9 PM and going for a couple of hours at least.

The channel URL is -

http://www.twitch.tv/logandwj

Fair warning. My copy of the game is heavily modded and likes to crash a lot recently. I may have to stop and reboot the game several times during the session. This can take about 3-5 minutes since I have a metric crapton of mod parts to load.

BTW guys? I have set up a Twitch Channel. And I'm wondering, would you guys be interested in seeing how I mod and pilot the Eagles? I won't claim to be the best pilot around, but I've learned a few things here and there. And I can show you how to mod Eagles for specific tasks as well as piloting tips in using manual and semi-manual piloting with Mech-Jeb and getting the most out of the Wayland Eagle.

I live in Texas. So times will be based off of Central Standard Time in the US. I can stay up pretty late though for people who are in radically different time zones since I'm naturally something of a night-owl.

I'm thinking of starting sometime tomorrow (Monday April 22) around 8-9 PM and going for a couple of hours at least.

The channel URL is -

Fair warning. My copy of the game is heavily modded and likes to crash a lot recently. I may have to stop and reboot the game several times during the session. This can take about 3-5 minutes since I have a metric crapton of mod parts to load.

Awesome, I'm game. Want to see how some of the older members do it, before I try it myself. xP

Following as of today. ;D

The channel URL is -

That would be cool mate, I'll be on there for sure.

I also was gonna start a twitch channel, I had a couple people assume I stole the design for the WT-51 (which is flattering.. mainly because I was half drunk the entire time I modelled it... lol) so I thought what would be a good idea is to repeat the process, and start a new ship and model it live and have it in game. So yeah, I will basically do the entire thing and show people how you can model something like the WT-51 in less than a day, hours even -all from a 24 sided cylinder and a cube. I don't mean I made 20 cylinders and went from there. The first, only cylinder was cut and extruded and subdivided from there - and it took its own shape. (an ugly one, but its meant to be more army looking)

Epic new ship! These Wayland Corp ships have grown on me, as such the PX-2 and the Eagle have important roles in my space program. Got a modified PX-2 in orbit around the Mun waitting for the time to do a slingshot from Kerbin to Jool. I also have modified Eagles doing cargo hauling around the Mun to make my bases bigger. the goal being to have a large support base to make setting up these sling shots require less timing. This new transport is exactly what I needed to bring more Kerbals to the Mun all wily nilly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.