Major Milestone!! 50,000 downloads!

HarvesteR

I seem to be in a daze right now...

50,000 downloads!

Just this morning we were just topping 30,000... which means that at least 20,000 people have downloaded the new version.

And this is just the number of downloads we can count! Since there are so many 3rd party mirrors out there, it's quite likely the real number is far higher!

Thank you All! I'm a very happy guy right now! :cheers: :thumbup: :w00t:

Cheers

I took a screenshot of the download count report:

Well I know that me and about 15 guys on a space-related IRC channel downloaded it from mediafire. So congrats :D

(on the other hand you released 3 versions within 24hours so some hardcore people downloaded all of them)

On that note, 60MB is not much, but why not have an update download that includes only the files that have been changed? (or even an auto-updater later)

this says everything

Thanks! I remember estimating when we were at 5000 that we should have 20000 by the end of the month. That wasn't even 5 days ago!

If it continues at this rate (which seems to be incredibly exponential), we should be up at 50000 in just a few days now! (and the server will probably die again :P)

Cheers

Maybe we can have a little contest to see who can predict the date 100.000 downloads have been breached. As a reward maybe have name of the winner somewhere in the game?

I say the 21st of July :D

Maybe we can have a little contest to see who can predict the date 100.000 downloads have been breached. As a reward maybe have name of the winner somewhere in the game?

I say the 21st of July :D

I say three days from now eg 17st July.

I think it'd be possible to plot the number of downloads over time in a graph, and extrapolate to see where 100,000 would be.

Anyone care to try? ;)

There are 3 data points already. The 5000 milestone, the 20,000 milestone and this one. Knowing also the game was initially released on the 1st of July

http://xkcd.com/605/

Cheers

I think it'd be possible to plot the number of downloads over time in a graph, and extrapolate to see where 100,000 would be.

Anyone care to try? ;)

There are 3 data points already. The 5000 milestone, the 20,000 milestone and this one. Knowing also the game was initially released on the 1st of July

http://xkcd.com/605/

Cheers

I'm not very good at graphs but...

sI3Kc.png