[0.19] Dunebug II - Duna Return, separate CM, Lander, Open Top Buggy - New Design!

should we be establishing a kerbin orbit before proceeding or just making one launch to Duna?

I usually establish an orbit, simply because I'm rarely in the exact place to begin my transfer burn for maximum efficiency. I strongly recommend using the Protractor Mod to time your launch time and transfer burn... it doesn't do anything other than tell you when to burn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dunebug is actually very easy to fly, almost not challenging :D If someone wants challenge Duna LK-1 is way to go :D

hmmm... not challenging. I must be getting soft, I'll try to make the next ship harder to fly!

There is hard and there is hard :) Muna-Duna series presents a challenge because they go for minimum amount of fuel possible and fairly low weight considering the part count.

As I wrote you in PM - I would like to see a Soviet style mission to Joolian system, that would be challenge! Either some micro SSTO for Laythe or something for those low gravity worlds :)

There is hard and there is hard :) Muna-Duna series presents a challenge because they go for minimum amount of fuel possible and fairly low weight considering the part count.

As I wrote you in PM - I would like to see a Soviet style mission to Joolian system, that would be challenge! Either some micro SSTO for Laythe or something for those low gravity worlds :)

One day.... in between making mods and flying to the Mun!

I can't do this, it keeps breaking while I'm ascending to orbit and I can't control throttle.

All in all none of your ships have EVER worked for me, not even Munbug. Which is just slightly annoying. That's not to say I can't get to the Mun, but it's very strange how high your failure rate is. I just had to be honest here because I'm tired of not even being able to get this stuff into orbit.

1. what part breaks?

2. why can't you control the throttle?

Edit 1:

Just found your main post about problems with ships... have left a reply about Munbug, will look into it tonight and let you know what I find.

Edit 2:

Just tested Munbug and it seems a little short on fuel to complete Munar insertion... they may have nerfed something in .20.2 new version on the way anyway so you can try that. Doesn't explain why you have never been able to fly any of my ships though :0

Would be interested if anyone else who has been successfully using Munbug has found it can't make Munar insrtion after the last patch... I might just be too tired to fly it!

Edited by shadowsutekh
Merged multi-posts, edited unfriendly commentary

*Shrug*

I don't know.

I assume that a part breaks between the command module/lander and the actual thrusters, which would prevent throttle control.

Anyway... I'm sorry for getting so angry. Mostly it's jealousy that your designs are so much cooler than mine- and the fact that I can't fly them makes me a bit upset.

Edit:

I finally got it pretty far without breaking it and it only reached 30-40km apoapse before I had to use the Duna insertion stage.

I'm just really annoyed because apparently I suck at rockets.

Edited by Imaginer1

I'll have a look at Dunebug this week... it was built for .19 and I haven't test flown it on .20 If it's breaking then it may be that some struts aren't loading correctly since .20, this can usually be fixed in the VAB quite easily... I'll take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a bit sidetracked with Munbug... Planning on taking a break after Munbug VIII to work on Horizon II to bring it in line with Dunebug.... don't think I even have a thread for Horizon since the server crash!

• 2 weeks later...
Got a bit sidetracked with Munbug... Planning on taking a break after Munbug VIII to work on Horizon II to bring it in line with Dunebug.... don't think I even have a thread for Horizon since the server crash!

Are you going to put as much design as you've putten in MunBug VIII?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry missed these replies!... forgot to subscribe to my own thread :P

I'm having a bit of trouble just getting into orbit, anyone have flight instructions or something?

Are you using any mods? Can you be more specific about the problem... not enough DV? hard to control etc...

Amazing! :D

Thanks! The next one will be better ;)

Are you going to put as much design as you've putten in MunBug VIII?

Yes, I'll be doing a completely new design with a lot of tricks learned from Munbug.

Sorry missed these replies!... forgot to subscribe to my own thread :P

Are you using any mods? Can you be more specific about the problem... not enough DV? hard to control etc...

Thanks! The next one will be better ;)

Yes, I'll be doing a completely new design with a lot of tricks learned from Munbug.

Well, I can't wait for it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.