Hawkinator's almost-multiplayer pass along the save file challenge thingy.

Challenge #52 Complete

Total Kerbals lost:1

Vehicles recycled:6

Extra-Kerbin landings:3

rXsJuAXl.png

Bill and Jeb camped out for the night, and finally got to go swimming!

9SuolfXl.jpg

The Kerbal Personnel Carrier (KPC) is standing by to launch. It's not much to look at, but it is capable of transporting the attached 6.3T rocket-assisted rover (based on the Link-Rover frame) and five passengers from LKO to the surface of either Kerbin moon and returning to LKO. Your challenge shall be to launch her into orbit and dock with Shiva station. When you arrive, transfer two personnel to the KPC and top off her fuel. Good luck, brave Kerbals!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6828vVl_-ZoYnNpTE4yYkpQcGc/edit?usp=sharing

I didn't have that issue with the Soyuz, but I made it do a little hop with the rockets just to see if that solves the issue. I also updated the Kerbosity alarm to reference the Duna station as well.

That's a good idea, bullet. How about the first to post on page 30, 35, etc. takes care of the update?

Edited by ThePsuedoMonkey

Challenge #53 Complete

Total Kerbals lost:1

Vehicles recycled:6

Extra-Kerbin landings:3

Lineing up for a docking attempt

screenshot49.png

Got it on the first try :) Looks like the Shiva Station has a claw. Also put Adfred :mad: and Shepmore :blush: onto the KPC they are looking forward to going to the Mun.

screenshot52.png

My Challenge:

1. Take the KPC attached to the Shiva Station and set up a encounter with the Mun.

2. Setup your orbit around the Mun so the Kerbals on the KPC can land near the The Link-Rover Mobile Base and quell the self aware computer uprising.

3. The KPC must have enough fuel to land.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-_wvk1PMfr9ODFfRXJpWmxEZnM/edit?usp=sharing

Challenge #54 Complete

total kerbals lost: 1

vessels lost: 6

Extra-Kerbin landings: 3

The KPC has departed from Shiva station...

TY2FDaol.png

and is in an eccentric orbit of Mun after the capture burn.

oAgmnLXl.png

She retains two thirds of her fuel supply, and plenty of monopropellant.

Meanwhile, Bill and Jeb continue their adventure:

ZZ84Gojl.png

xvoXd8Xl.png

For this mission, the KPC will land near the link rover. However, command wishes us to try and save a bit of fuel here, so you may wish to wait a few hours while the target site rotates toward periapsis before attempting the landing.

Your secondary objective shall be to design a Duna impactor probe that will piggyback with one of the ships in the Duna convoy. The probe must be able to de-orbit by itself and have at least one scientific instrument and an antenna. Remember that the more energetic the impact, the better the science!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6828vVl_-ZoRHByX1BjUk01UkU/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by ThePsuedoMonkey

Challenge #55 Complete

total kerbals lost: 1

vessels lost: 6

Extra-Kerbin landings: 3

The KPC has parked the rover near the link rover. It wasn't so close, so it took a drive to get closer. Docked the rovers together to have less clutter in the overview.

2370.jpg

2375.jpg

Next mission: On the launch-pad you will find a rocket with a probe on it. This one if ment to colide into Duna - Get it into orbit, must be a stable LKO. The next one should get it docked to the Duna-convoy. The engineers had a strict budget, so they had to cut the fuel short for this mission. So do your best with the limited fuel. (~4k Delta-V).

My plan was to dock it with the Dube-Hanitat, this might cause the habitat to be off-balance, so we need to bare carefull when launching it to Duna.

Important: Do not use the last solid-booster as is is ment to be used to deorbit the probe.

Pro tips:

- It does not have enough delta-V to reach LKO alone, but it is close. You will need to use one of the space-thugs out there (for instance found at shive-station), make the thug pick up the Duna-collision probe while it is on a sub-orbital trajectory and bring it back into a stable orbit while still having enough fuel to bring it to the Duna-convoy.

It would be smart to put the thus into a LKO before launching, and launch when the thug is at the right place to make it easier.

This might be a hard and challanging mission - but I managed to complete it myself. So it is possible :)

Click here to download save

Edited by etse

I don't think it's possible to de-orbit the refueling module without either killing or stranding a kerbal.

Wait i can do that!

Can i sign up as emergency pilot? Ill save anything in danger...

I just retried the launch, and it seems that if you do it perfectly it does have enough delta-V to manage a stable LKO. (Even though I think it was just about 4050)

I was wondering because I had a near perfect launch my first attempt and was within a few dV of a stable orbit. Unfortunately I wasn't able to improve upon it, but I was sure that it was possible. I ended up trying that more than attempting to rescue it with another ship in orbit. The closest approach was 500m or so, but I started my burn too late and the thing zipped on by.

Out of curiosity, which Shiva docked ship did you manage the assist with?

And zekes, you have come far too late for that Kerbal, but please do stick around for the future fun!

Edited by Jenkinz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.