How to add escape tower for emergencies?

Thrust: 160

Full mass: 0.3875

Empty Mass: 0.2

Burn Time: ~5s

So one would need four of them strapped to the same 3 kerbal pod to exceed the performance of the 48 Separatron all-stock (and extremely ugly :) ) solution.

And it would still not be not capable to escape from a frenzied RT-10 SRB

But it looks good anyway, gotta find some use for it :wink:

So one would need four of them strapped to the same 3 kerbal pod to exceed the performance of the 48 Separatron all-stock (and extremely ugly :) ) solution.

And it would still not be not capable to escape from a frenzied RT-10 SRB

But it looks good anyway, gotta find some use for it :wink:

You can always cfg edit it. It's designed for a specific application, and will probably get tweaked once I get around to rebalancing the whole stack, but you're welcome to mess around with it however you want. Cheers

:)

I don't think that ripped off near-empty high-T/W SRBs are the major failure mode of manned spacecraft. And even in KSP where it is much more common, I've just demonstrated that it is possible to outrun the big SRB with stock parts only. So just avoid the small RT-10 ( who uses them on rockets big enough to carry the 3 seat pod anyway? ) and your kerbals will be safe. :)

Oh, sure. There was meant to be a little humor in that one. :)

Nevertheless, if I'm using an escape tower, it's going to be as effective as I can make it.

What was the part count on your LES? 60'ish? Considering that part count is the primary limiter on game performance and craft size, doing something with dozens of parts that can be done with one part isn't always feasible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.