just expressing my feelings to my world...

Veshpa

i feel so guilty :(

i used a mod called ORDA docking system, and all i wanted was to dock, but i got overwhelmed by power and now i have so many perfect orbits, and now everytime i go to my probe around duna all my ships in kerbin orbit randomly delete itself, i ashamed of using it...all i wanted was to know how to dock...but its so hard...and it takes about 2 hours of your life. T_T i miss my world....ive lost it because of me...you shalt be remembered "Scandinavian Font". any of you had this experience...

:(;.;

i feel guilty by just having orda.....when i bought this game...i promised myself dont use mods.... makes me sad now..., i have just made a new world, and i'll start everything from scratch, no more massive space stations i wanted, just plain epic self made landers/space stations.

it does not take more than 5 minuets. there's a little thing that's in the game nicknamed "time warp" and it really is useful xD just slow down, and aim at your target at 1m/s, then time warp.

i feel guilty by just having orda.....when i bought this game...i promised myself dont use mods.... makes me sad now..., i have just made a new world, and i'll start everything from scratch, no more massive space stations i wanted, just plain epic self made landers/space stations.
You can still use part mods like NovaPunch and KW rocketry if you don't like autopilots. And there are many Mods that ad things that you can't do in the game right now. I recommend Mapsat and RemoteTech.

Whatever floats your boat :) I use many mods, some high performance engines and leave station-docking and precise landings to MechJeb. And i don't feel cheaty one bit. In RL even Apollo and LM used autopilots, and no one was griping about this as long as pilot had an option of taking control at any moment. With 13 active flights as far as Jool system i prefer to concentrate my time on planning, coordinating and overviewing everything - not on fiddling for a hour with two orbits to get my fuel tanker docked to space station for a tenth time. In the beginning micromanaging is enjoyable activity. But when you have two Kethane extractors, space station and interplanetary tug orbiting only Mun it becomes tiresome. And i'm planning to have similiar setup around Minmus, Ike, one of Joolian moons and maybe even Dres. There is only so much time i can spare for playing ;) My advice is: do what you feel is fun, and don't feel guilty for it. It's not a multiplayer game where you can affect other people. It's your game, your world and your pleasure.

Docking can indeed take two hours. :)

Sure, rendezvousing is fairly easy, but getting the docking ports to align perfectly is another thing.

I usually do the rendezvous myself, but let Mechjeb do the rest, even though it uses a ridiculous amount of monopropellant.

I felt a bit guilty when I once used the landing autopilot. I was targetting a Kethane depot, but later on I figured how to make precise landings manually.

Over reacting. Be not ashamed, NASA uses autopilots.

Just delete the magic computer part, you'll have nothing to feel bad about apart from the amount of RCS ORDA wastes.

Try the attitude mode, it's closer to manual docking. (I still can't dock anything big on my own, without ORDA's help.)

Consider it moving from easy mode to harder mode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.