KSP build fly dream is gone

Canopus

http://vimeo.com/66837288, this what you looking for?

After taking a look, have to say .. it's ... ok. o.o Was kinda expecting something better XD

I`m not sure what you watched but that was pretty incredible. I make video for a living and I would hire that guy as an editor.

I has a sad now because I can only do those things in a game...

I has a happy now because I can do those things in a game...

I have an urge to dock something, back soon.

I`m not sure what you watched but that was pretty incredible. I make video for a living and I would hire that guy as an editor.

I has a sad now because I can only do those things in a game...

I has a happy now because I can do those things in a game...

I have an urge to dock something, back soon.

o.o I have made videos as well in the past and I can tell you this right now, I am pretty sure I can make a better one. But hey, that is my own personal opinion. However, I suppose me being an artist and having gone to college for video game art and design, I tend to have higher standards then most when it comes to things like this.

Well maybe I will do a video sometime :3, it's been a while.

Poor behavior on the part of EMI. Or was it M83? Either way - very stupid. Since it was probably the best advertisement for the guys music ever. I hadnt even heard of M83 till I saw that video. There are some real idiots in this world arent there?

Poor behavior on the part of EMI. Or was it M83? Either way - very stupid. Since it was probably the best advertisement for the guys music ever. I hadnt even heard of M83 till I saw that video. There are some real idiots in this world arent there?

Indeed. While the trailer does promote a game,people that like the music will want to check that out too. I can only speak for myself though,but when i see a fanmade trailer and really like the music they used for it,i check it out and more often than not end up buying that track. So for EMI it was a rather stupid move IMO.

It's a neat trailer but yeah that music really is amazing. I first heard it as the backing to the breathtaking Yosemite HD video: http://vimeo.com/35396305 (which really is mindblowing).

Also as a result of M83 being credited in that trailer I just bought their damned album! I've been looking for the origin of the song for a while.

o.o I have made videos as well in the past and I can tell you this right now, I am pretty sure I can make a better one. But hey, that is my own personal opinion. However, I suppose me being an artist and having gone to college for video game art and design, I tend to have higher standards then most when it comes to things like this.

Well maybe I will do a video sometime :3, it's been a while.

You dont need a college degree to recognise a great video when you see one. And you dont need one to recognise smug arrogance either. When you do a video on YouTube that is as popular as this one was you can say something like this.

I hadnt even heard of M83 till I saw that video.

That's your loss. "Hurry up, we're dreaming" is a damn fine album.

Anyway. I appreciate the idea, but the video works mostly thanks to the music. The editing is rather... jerky. As a whole it certainly doesn't live up to what it's obviously trying to imitate:

(Those two videos should be mandatory viewing for every human being, by the way.)

Don't get me wrong, that BFD-trailer is good. But it could be better.

I don't understand why so much people are still sticking to Youtube.

It was the best video host for a time but now ?

- tons of adds

- crappy bandwidth

- ruled by publishers and music majors

- pay subscriptions coming

Also I don't understand why artists are still sticking with publishers who simply rape them to the bones.

I've heard from M83 because of this video too. And not because some EMI publisher advertised them if even they actually did.

Sad world.

- tons of adds

- crappy bandwidth

Also I don't understand why artists are still sticking with publishers who simply rape them to the bones.

I've heard from M83 because of this video too. And not because some EMI publisher advertised them if even they actually did.

Sad world.

They've got the monopoly. You can go to other sites but you won't earn as much or get as much exposure. Maybe if people on youtube were to start reccomending people to view their videos on a different site where they uploaded videos simultaneously.

That's your loss. "Hurry up, we're dreaming" is a damn fine album.

Anyway. I appreciate the idea, but the video works mostly thanks to the music. The editing is rather... jerky. As a whole it certainly doesn't live up to what it's obviously trying to imitate:

(Those two videos should be mandatory viewing for every human being, by the way.)

Don't get me wrong, that BFD-trailer is good. But it could be better.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't specifically insipired by those. I think it's far more related to the 1st long trailer for last years "Cloud Atlas" (which is a pretty good movie by the way).

Takes couple of minutes for "outro" to start up but you can see the style of editing is similar, flashing fullscreen writing and rapid cross-cutting timed to music (actually I think "Build Fly Dream" uses the music better).

I was also impressed by some of the camera work, given how limited the tools that KSP gives you are in this regard.

I was also impressed by some of the camera work, given how limited the tools that KSP gives you are in this regard.

He used a plugin that allows you to do the camera work he did.

Also, apparently his counter-notice should be enough to bring the trailer back to YouTube pretty soon.

- tons of adds

- crappy bandwidth

Oh, so you have a better place with similar sized audience to publish to? Cool, please tell me.

Or maybe, when you actually started thinking about it, you will understand why so many people prefer YouTube. And by the way, if you have ads on your screen, it's nothing but your own fault ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.