[0.20.X] KerbX - A SpaceX analogue mod

Borklund

XazUz.png

Kerbin Space Exploration Technologies Corporation, or KerbX, is a Kerbal space transport company headquartered near the Kerbin Space Center. It was founded just recently by entrepreneur Elon Kerman. It is developing the Falcon series launch vehicles and Dragon series spacecraft, among others. During an interview Elon Kerman stated that he "would like to have been born on Kerbin and die on Duna, just not at the point of impact".

What is this mod?

It is a parts only mod comprised of SpaceX launch vehicle and spacecraft analogues for KSP.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Latest release: v0.2.3 featuring the Falcon 1 and Falcon 9 launch vehicles and the Dragon spacecraft (2013.05.25)

Download craft files here

Click images to embiggen

FUQ2bEt.png9KDgxZj.jpg mXnZU6z.jpg

EvKwVDK.pngGGJNXDo.jpg pid7Daq.jpg

5Qug3a6.pngSfvuq3J.jpg i5Hy0fW.jpg

What's next?

We are working on Falcon 9 v1.1 and Heavy, Grasshopper, further Dragon functionality (including drogues and chutes) and other things. Follow development of the mod in the development thread

The team:

Project Lead and 3D artist: Borklund

2D artist: The Stinger

Testers: rejooh, B787_300, XNerd_Bomber, actieveling, thefeeblespark, CrossyCriss, demonofspark, SyncV2, Kerbolman, jb2512, Zaran

Special thanks to DYJ, Rich, Tiberion, Odin, C7Studios, Mu, bac9, BobCat, r4m0n and others on the forums and IRC for your support and helpfulness. Extra credit goes to feeblespark for his invaluable help with part balancing.

Edited by Borklund

Borklund, is this a 0.20 update for the parts, or are you just restarting the thread after the Forum Apocalypse?

Someone needs to learn how to read everything in a post including the signature

Glad to see the thread back up and running!

Yeah I haven't really been active since the Great Forum Disaster of 2013, but that's changed now. Better late than never I suppose!

Glad to see this mod has been updated to .20, the new file management system is really nice. I did a clean install of the new update and only moved my save game over, and not any of the dozens of mods I had installed. I'm slowly adding the mods as they get updated, and this is one of my favourites.

I did notice a small bug when I was using the new update. The nose cone doesn't attach to the top of the Dragon capsule docking port. It thinks it is clipping into it and won't turn green to attach. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem. I had to turn off clipping in the debug menu to get it to attach.

Edited by RocketCommander
Clarification

I got it to work no problem. Can you upload a screenshot showing the problem?

I have a backup of Elon Kerb if you want to pop it back in the OP.

<snip>

Thanks Zaran but I'm going to go with just the logo for now.

I was able to replicate this. It seems that if you move the nose cone up through the pod first, the nose cone attaches. If you try to attach the nose cone by moving it down over just the docking port it won't fit. Very strange, I'll take a look at what might be wrong.

KSP 0.20 - now with quantum mechanics editing? I'm going to take this up with the devs.

edit: looks like this isn't a new thing. Problem with the attachment node being inside the collider. Will have to look at fixing it in the future.

Edited by Borklund

What's better this or the Laztek SpaceX mod?? also what's the better Dragon spacecraft mod? this one or the Dragon made by cardboardboxprocessor??? any opinions?

This mod is the most 'accurate'; it's a great version of the existing SpaceX assets. Downside is that it's uncrewed right now.

Laztek is an incredibly impressive set of parts, but it's VERY texture-intensive, and will crash (or slow down dramatically) lower-end computers.

CBBP's Dragon is the least 'realistic' -- it reflects the optimum final version of Dragon that SpaceX hopes someday to develop -- but it's also the most useful, as it carries 7 crew and is somewhat overpowered and definitely overfueled.

Ahh Finaly. Looked around for this and was worried you had given it up. Loving this mod! And the engines! wow best looking of them all! Sitting here patiently waiting for the Dragonfly!

Any news or WIP pics?

Keep up the good jobbat!

This mod is the most 'accurate'; it's a great version of the existing SpaceX assets. Downside is that it's uncrewed right now.

Laztek is an incredibly impressive set of parts, but it's VERY texture-intensive, and will crash (or slow down dramatically) lower-end computers.

CBBP's Dragon is the least 'realistic' -- it reflects the optimum final version of Dragon that SpaceX hopes someday to develop -- but it's also the most useful, as it carries 7 crew and is somewhat overpowered and definitely overfueled.

Thank you, another question can I use this one plus the CBBP? or they don't fit? because the CBBP doesn't have the proper SpaceX launchers

Thank you, another question can I use this one plus the CBBP? or they don't fit? because the CBBP doesn't have the proper SpaceX launchers

No, cBBp never rescale his mods to fits KSP size unfortunately.

No, cBBp never rescale his mods to fits KSP size unfortunately.

If you add "rescaleFactor = 1" to the .cfg files of all the CBBP Dragon parts, it will rescale to 2.5m. The craft files won't be set up properly, though -- you'll have to re-attach things. But that's actually super easy.

If you add "rescaleFactor = 1" to the .cfg files of all the CBBP Dragon parts, it will rescale to 2.5m. The craft files won't be set up properly, though -- you'll have to re-attach things. But that's actually super easy.

I didn't know that 1 was the precise rescale factor. I tried it with the Kosmos pack and it was still to big compared Bobcat's Mir but shorter than before. It was weird.