Warp Nacelles

Wavenarra

Here, first thing I've ever modelled for use in a game as an addon. :V

They're warp nacelles! With appropriate thrust. Although, it's quite hard to use them. They tend to rip apart the spacecraft and/or cause it to fall apart. However, they're fast!

Have a picture.

0ONdQ.png

Have a video.

Have a download link. >_>

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29416858/Nacelle.rar

Awesome texture! [/irony]

How about realism? Is these realistic?

I'm a terrible artist/texture-guy. I'm trying to get better though. :c

Also, you're asking whether a warp nacelle is realistic? ;P

That ship looks like the Phoenix, first Earth-made manned space craft to achieve warp drive.

TUumZ.jpg

As seen in Star Trek: First Contact

And my first planned mod for Kerbal (The Phoenix) =(

At least im not the only one thinking about it =D

I realise that, but unfortunately liquid engines cannot have internal fuel as far as I know, and so they had to be boosters to prevent having to have two fuel tanks sticking out the top.

Why not make 3 different components so your warp nacelles can be liquid? One is the back, the actual thrusting portion of the nacelle, and then you can make a middle and a cap section for nacelle fuel?

Here, first thing I've ever modelled for use in a game as an addon. :V

They're warp nacelles! With appropriate thrust. Although, it's quite hard to use them. They tend to rip apart the spacecraft and/or cause it to fall apart. However, they're fast!

Have a picture.

-snips-

I recommend turning down the luminosity a little bit. Or specularity, I forget what the value is called in the script. But anyway, reminds me of the SRB's on the Space Shuttle.

I can get them into space then they leave my ship :o look really good though needs its own fixtures though to attach them as nothing is strong enough due to there superbly obscene acceleration :D

Hi ! I like your Nacelles :)

And I do not want to hijack your thread on purpose but I made some warp-nacelles myself :)

Included in the first release of some Trek-related modules:

20110716184742.th.jpg

I guess the parts need some tweaking physics-wise. Please let me know if you got any ideas in improving them.

See attachments.

/evilmaddy

Hi ! I like your Nacelles :)

And I do not want to hijack your thread on purpose but I made some warp-nacelles myself :)

Included in the first release of some Trek-related modules:

20110716184742.th.jpg

I guess the parts need some tweaking physics-wise. Please let me know if you got any ideas in improving them.

See attachments.

/evilmaddy

Kudos to you, those look fantastic! I was trying something like this myself, but had major problems attempting to UV map it so gave up.

As a suggestion, I think it may look better if the attachment pylons were slightly lower down and if the nacelles were a bit thinner, but otherwise, awesome.