Steam Vs. Ksp Store

Penguinhero

Steam Vs. Ksp Store  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Steam Vs. Ksp Store

• Steam
    • Ksp Store

While necroposting is still in bad form (September 2013 has risen from the dead!), there still seems to be a bit of, um - steam - left in this topic. Carry on.

Which is a little bit weird policy in my opinion. Recycling is always better then inventing a new wheel when there is a used one out there which still can be used. In this case; adding more and more (duplicated) data into a database, while the data is already in it. What are the general rules/timeline before topics start running out of time? Still a little bit vague..

Edited by JSD

Given the current list of rules, it's generally enforced as more a case of proper netiquette instead of something that's absolutely strict. If there's a post that's been inactive for a number of months and it's suddenly brought back to the forefront, it seems inconvenient at best, so myself and the mod team use our judgement on what to do in these instances. I intend to flesh out and define this sort of thing a little closer in the near future, though. Thanks for giving your two cents on it.

• 1 month later...

Nope, I heard you can copy KSP out of Steam folder and have it perfectly functional, minus Steam features.

That said, I still voted KSP Store. I do too much modding for autoupdates to be a good idea.

Nope, I heard you can copy KSP out of Steam folder and have it perfectly functional, minus Steam features.

That said, I still voted KSP Store. I do too much modding for autoupdates to be a good idea.

Not only can you turn auto updates off, but in the beta setting for KSP on steam you can set it to download the previous version (incase you want to go back).

well the biggest reason i use ksp store over steam is because school computers for some reason wont let steam service run, but i can install ksp from the zip file and play just fine. beyond that i like having my ksp folder in a more convenient place. there really is no reason to transfer since you can just add ksp as a non steam game and still use the overlay