Can I get an ETA of when Kethane will be usable with current ksp

Sarge82nd

Add-on developers do this because they want to, not because they're payed to. Please consider that they have lives outside of the forums and they work on their own schedules. They do not have to produce anything for the community.

Add-on developers do this because they want to, not because they're payed to. Please consider that they have lives outside of the forums and they work on their own schedules. They do not have to produce anything for the community.

That's obvious, but it's not unreasonable or impolite to ask when the creator expects to start or complete the needed fixes. Especially since nobody else is allowed to fix it, according to the rules, even if they're able and willing.

Especially since nobody else is allowed to fix it, according to the rules, even if they're able and willing.

You may fix the modification for personal use, but not distribute the fix unless the licence allows such an activity. You have several options. If the licence is not clear, then maybe you can ask the mod author if the patch can be temporarily distributed. Another strategy, if you are that dependent on modifications, is to stick with 0.19 until fixes are released.

That's obvious, but it's not unreasonable or impolite to ask when the creator expects to start or complete the needed fixes. Especially since nobody else is allowed to fix it, according to the rules, even if they're able and willing.

Majiir, who runs the official thread, has voided all "license restrictions", and has allowed unofficial fixes to be released, until he gets an update out himself. Latest comment from him here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/23979-Kethane-Pack-0-4-3-Download-link-now-up-to-date-after-forum-catastrophe?p=414058&viewfull=1#post414058

But yes, will be nice to see an official update soon, as the changes to simply hotfix the current version to work with KSP 0.20.x seems minimal.

Also you can turn off the auto update feature on a specific game in Steam.

What's that got to do with the price of fish?

The automatic update option controls whether the game updates in the background or when you try and run it - you're still required to install the update either way.

Unless you have the steam version that forces you to update......

You pays your money you takes your choice. Mandatory updates is common behaviour for steam.

First--the downgrading option for Steam I wasn't aware of, and is awesome. (I was one of those forced to update because I stupidly bought the game on Steam.)

All I was pointing out before was that I'm sure the OP wasn't being rude or impolite. I also prefer to wait for the 'official' updates (don't feel like having to replace the quick fix with the official later on, or worse, forget to re-update it) so it's not unreasonable to inquire as to whether you should just wait a few days (if the ETA is "soon").

Since the official fixes for the mods I use probably aren't all coming soon, no big deal, but that means it's worth 'downgrading' to .19 for now. Can't blame us for wanting a bit of info to manage our "launch schedules"! :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.