[AAR] Construction: A Journey to Space --- WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY

Mekan1k

Construction: A Journey to Space

This is the continuation of Development- A Journey to Space, with more action, more excitement, and more comedy than before.

uz57oMe.jpg

Kerbals have now reached space, and with their discoveries in Development, the space age has truly begun.

Private businesses have started to expand, up from the planet they started on, and soon there will be a massive burst of expansion.

But first there needs a bit of framework set-up, to support such a venture.

There needs to be a bit of Construction.

First story: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/28970-AAR-Development-A-Journey-to-space

Mods utilized: Almost All of them

Edited by Mekan1k

I am working on the next chapter (Sort of like an intermediate story between story 1 and story 2), and guess what- imagur is down. Somehow.

Anyway- the update will be as soon as Imagur lets me upload my pictures.

Update: soon today/tonight! (OR WHEN IMAGUR STARTS WORKING!!! :mad: )

Edited by Mekan1k

Chapter 0 - The Munar Anomaly

Deep Voice: Don't change that channel, just wait and see, because here is the John Kerman Show! Starring, John Kerman,

Announcer1: Hey Everyone! It's great to be here!

*Crowd cheers*

Deep Voice: that other guy,

Announcer2: I have a name, you know.

*Crowd cheers again*

Announcer1: And where's that voice coming from? It has been there every time that we go on this show, that voice is doing the introductions. Who are you?

Deep Voice: My name is Deep Voice Garry, but thanks for asking. The last person on the introduction list is... Whoever we call up during this time as a guest!

*Crowd cheers a third time*

Announcer2: Wait- is out guest....

Announcer1: Yes, yes that is the name of our guest. Should we call him up now?

Announcer2 Not yet Let's set the scene first.

Announcer1: Alright then. Today marks an auspicious moment in history- the first pictures from a probe that was covertly launched and landed on the Mun!

Announcer2: That's right John! The rover, seen in this image, was the first commercial probe to be launched, and it is the oldest commercial object on the Mun to date.

Announcer1: Wait- I thought the oldest commercial object was the refinery drone, the KCSL Here Come The Drums?

Announcer2: That is not really accurate. See, the people who launched the Goldenrod, as the probe was called, had utilized a very simple antenna. The landing was automated, and when The Drums landed, the Goldenrod finally managed to get back into contact with the controllers at KerbOil.

Announcer1: I see, and the probe, as shown here,

lviWyJ7.jpg

Announcer1: Was one of the most expensive private expeditions ever launched at the time, but it is still pennies compared to what the guys at KSP have made. Although, it made a discovery, a Munar arch, in the first couple minutes of contact.

8NVQvNo.jpg

Announcer2: And to go over these facts facts, with us, is famous astronaut, test pilot, and navigator, and the first kerbal to set foot on another body in the Kerbol system, and first kerbal to swear on another body in the Kerbol system, Jebidiah Kerman!

*Massive round of applause!*

Jeb: Hey everyone, it's good to be here!

*Another round of applause*

Jeb: Ok, who forgot to install the f***ing ladder?

*Crowd laughs*

Announcer1: So, Jeb, what do you think of this rover?

CszoVMY.jpg

Jeb: Well, it seems to be functional. Our engineers over at KSP were consulted at several levels about the technology developed and used on this mission, and everything on that probe was bought from us. Even the treads, although that system is the newest part of the probe.

Announcer2: We thought there would be more activity on the mun, I mean, it has been long enough. Why is there not more interest?

Jeb: There is plenty of interest. There are just limited launch windows and several probes at different places. There is interest in Laythe, one of the muns of Jool, placing a test vehicle and possibly an outpost on Duna... But not too many companies have working prototypes. There is even an asteroid relatively close, within the Mun's orbit, and a probe recently sunk a docking port into the surface, so that soon it will be the one-stop-shop for fuel before leaving the system. The problem is who gets to go first.

Announcer1: So what is the KSP doing about it?

Jeb: What we have always done. Launched our own rockets. We have a 26-ton lifter that can get a payload into Low-Kerbin-Orbit, The Tripod.

Announcer1: Is it cool?

Jeb: That was supposed to be a que for the picture we have of the lifter..... And here is The Tripod!

sYmqvpX.jpg

Jeb: With this, we can lift 26 tons to orbit, and smaller payloads can go to the mun, for a relatively low overhead. The picture has a single-piece space-station on the lifting vehicle.

Announcer2: Has this already been tested?

Jeb: Tried and true for multiple payloads. Here, we can see the most recent payloads tested- A rover pack: 4 rovers launched with a lander.

CkHYdZJ.jpg

kqBuDjZ.jpg

HEU7X4G.jpg

ff5FAWb.jpg

rePcYhH.jpg

Jeb: We had a bit of a close call with the Here Come The Drums, but we missed it by less than a meter, and after the probes did a radar-sweep, we noticed an anomaly in the distance. The lander was re-tasked to fly towards it.

OrMkvc2.jpg

snsFHsX.jpg

iPg0Oir.jpg

KQjtJ8u.jpg

WtBXMQt.jpg

Jeb: That was as close as we could get. We think that another one of those alien ships is there, possibly stranded, as the other one seemed to have no landing legs.

Announcer1: I remember the last autonomous vehicles that got close had AI, right? They went insane, and we are still looking for them.

Jeb: After testing with other AI vehicles, we discovered that the intense magneto-spacial disruption that the ring-shaped engine emit seems to degrade their mental function.

Announcer2: I would love to see those tests.

Jeb: Maybe when the tests get declassified. This next image is of some of our rovers.

lHywJid.jpg

mHLIpb4.jpg

mFuESOy.jpg

Jeb: The first one had revered controls somehow, and that's as close as the vehicle could get.

mFuESOy.jpg

T4MN5Se.jpg

uz57oMe.jpg

Jeb: The second one could get up-close and personal, to take some readings. This was when we got information of another discovered anomaly, the arch, from the KerbOil Company.

hSRiBiz.jpg

Jeb: To deal with the soon-to-be lack of sunlight, we launched the Lightstick: a small lander with a floodlight attached to the top.

hXJnUYi.jpg

EtpLFmY.jpg

WvNQtZW.jpg

Jeb: We built it after we realized that we forgot to put lights on the rovers.

FmLF23L.jpg

MTH3zjp.jpg

HX1nrtc.jpg

Jeb: It soon landed, and we now have an illuminated alien artifact.

KIUl5H2.jpg

Jeb: The next step is to start making a permanent research base out there, get a refueling satellite around the Mun, and start getting the secrets off the mun.

Announcer1: So, will we expect to be able to buy a ticket to the Mun soon?

Jeb: Yes, if you are a researcher, or are really wealthy. Hopefully there will be calling for recruits to a Duna/Laythe/Mun colonization soon, possibly after a round-trip tour/exploration has been established, but these events are rather far out there. I hope to live long enough to see it.

Announcer2: Is it true that the Mun is made of fuel?

Jeb: Yes, yes it is. The Mun is made of fuel, effectively. We have a way of cheaply extracting it, and soon there will be a mission back to the Mun, with multiple landers, and many crewmen. We will get back to the Mun, soon. However, before that, I have something to do.

Announcer1: What will that be? Set another high-speed record? Win a grand-pries race? Drive an aircraft carrier?

Jeb: I drove an aircraft carrier here. I need to ask any businesskerbals and companies who are watching- can YOU help us place something on the Mun? Are there any designs that would be idea for Munar travel or housing? We have only so many resources, and so much time to develop and test new vehicles and housing designs, that we are running out of practical time to get things done in. Bobcat Construction Co. is very helpful, and has supplied many unique designs and vehicle, and we are looking for designers to build new landers and vehicles. So, can YOU help us?

Announcer1: Well, that seems unambiguous. I trust that all my viewers will start creating these vehicles, to help you guys out.

Announcer2: So they should just get in contact with you?

Jeb: Actually, with the spaceship engineer, Mekan1k. He told me to tell them, and I quote: "Just drop a comment on the forum here, and I will test the vehicle. I will post the requirements at the bottom."

Announcer2: ... I have no idea what that means.

Jeb: Me neither. But hey! I know time is limited, so I gotta get back to work. I have meetings to get to, so I gotta say goodbye.

Announcer1: Well, then, we will cut this short. Everyone, give Jeb a round of applause!

*Massive round of applause from the audience*

Announcer1: Thanks for watching the John Kerman Show, and Goodnight everybody!

----------------------

----------------------

----------------------

To everyone who is reading, I have a request. Can you post a picture of one of your creations that you would like placed on the mun?

Limitations: No kethane mods (I don't use it), and the mass limit is 26 tons WITH landing capability.

RCS can be used, as I like to use the Infinite RCS debug option when I play.

Mods (not necessary, but if you want them, these are most of my mods) allowed:

Mechjeb ( I have it integrated into all my command pods, so no need to post it with the craft file)

KW rocketry, but no fairings

Mods by TouHou Torpedo

AIES Space

B9 Aerospace

Bobcat's American Pack

Snjo's Firespitter airplane parts

Nucleonics engines

Spherical fuel tanks

Tavarius's Pizza and aerospace

KAS (Fuel transfer)

Hooligan labs Airships (Don't think this will help on the mun, but hey, why not)

Rubber Band Treads

All Lazor system Mods

KSPX

FusTec Munox

R3 Boat parts from InfiniteDice

So, hey, go wild. If you have a suggestion, post a picture, a company name, and the name of your vehicle, and I will PM you if I select it.

Next Update is in a few days, after I get some suggestions. Since I can only imagine so much, I will be relying on you readers to help act as the companies, the companies that will facilitate the Construction.

Thanks for reading, next update asap, after I get some recommendations. Have fun, and keep playing my friends.

Jeb: I drove an aircraft carrier here. I need to ask any businesskerbals and companies who are watching- can YOU help us place something on the Mun? Are there any designs that would be idea for Munar travel or housing? We have only so many resources, and so much time to develop and test new vehicles and housing designs, that we are running out of practical time to get things done in. Bobcat Construction Co. is very helpful, and has supplied many unique designs and vehicle, and we are looking for designers to build new landers and vehicles. So, can YOU help us?

Announcer1: Well, that seems unambiguous. I trust that all my viewers will start creating these vehicles, to help you guys out.

Announcer2: So they should just get in contact with you?

Jeb: Actually, with the spaceship engineer, Mekan1k. He told me to tell them, and I quote: "Just drop a comment on the forum here, and I will test the vehicle. I will post the requirements at the bottom."

Announcer2: ... I have no idea what that means.

Jeb: Me neither.

Well played with the integration of the request into the story! It got a laugh out of me! :D

Update on the delay- I am starting summer B classes (Yeah, I know, but I want the business major) on the 27th, and my folks are coming in today to visit on the 26th, so this story is just a bit longer delayed.

Sorry guys.

I do, however, have a picture for ya'll though:

fcY6iJL.jpg

Ok, that was not what I wanted. Lets try this again:

Bo2kfUy.jpg

There we go!

I will write the next piece up asap.

Chapter 1 - To the Mun (Again)

oe2CFPS.jpg

MC: The Hab module is approaching the station. Are you ready Jeb?

Jeb: Yup. Trajectory is clean. Burn detritus has missed the station completely. It's coming in to dock.

MC: Good. Soon we will have the cargo for the mission docked, and you will be able to double-check everything.

Jeb: Yes, because that seems to be all I am good for these days. :rolleyes:

N2ghCND.jpg

Jeb: It's docking.

MC: Well, only since you broke the solar array off that other station.

Jeb: I said I was sorry! What more do you want?

MC: Well, for starters, could you start tracking the autonomous fuel station being sent up?

KfUprsy.jpg

Jeb: Tracking... Hey- there is another object coming into rendezvous range. What is that?

Bo2kfUy.jpg

MC: That is the Autonomous lander vehicle. It carries two long-range riders, for munar exploration.

Jeb:... Um, it doesn't look like it's coming into dock.

MC: It's not. The vehicle is the wrong shape for the station. Docking port would fit, but autopilot will have none of it.

Jeb: So where's it going?

MC: To the autonomous fuel station.

JUjkWg3.jpg

Jeb: I have a visual.

TLcNJtO.jpg

Jeb: It's docked to the remote station.

MC: Nice to have an active living eye-in-the-sky.

Jeb: Eh. I get lots of spare time. I finally got a Moon mission to land and return in HSP.

MC: HSP?

Jeb: Human Space Program. You guys should try it sometime.

MC: Sure.... Hey- we have checks on the ground crew- The Orion with passengers is heading up to you.

Jeb: Finally! Please tell me you sent up drinks other than Tang with the resupply ship....

MC: We thought you liked it.

Jeb: I like this stuff, but not for every meal.

MC: Orion is on the pad.

Bill: Hey Jeb! We are on the way up in 10.

n2uEbzb.jpg

Jeb: I see you. These cameras are brilliant.

Bill: Well, we are heading up. ZerooAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I2jWyAv.jpg

MC: Bill? Bill!?!!?!?

Jeb: MC, just give him a sec. Bill is not used to being in a pilot's seat.

2rkwnjG.jpg

Bill: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeb: Bill, you separated nice and clean. Burn and trajectory looks good.

Bill: THE SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob: Sorry, Bill's acceleration seat malfunctioned.

Jeb: Well then.... Someone mute him, please.

Bob: Done.

*Faint screaming in the background*

Bob: Bill, what are you- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeb: Bob- what's going on!

Bob: Bill! Leggo of that! Sorry Jeb, Bill got a hold on my headset.

MC: We don't think Bill should be piloting that anymore.

Bob: Agreed. Decouping Liquid ascent stage and burn for intercept.

vWiAYtU.jpg

Jeb: Separation looks clean.

Bob: See you soon. Dammit Bill!

Bill: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*BANG*

Bill:......

MC: What happened? Bill stopped screaming?

Bob: I unbuckled him at a 2 G burn. He forgot to land on his feet.

Jeb: Well, your burn should be done in a few seconds, so make sure you secure him when the burn stops.

Bob: Alright, we will see you in a couple hours.

A couple hours later

Jeb: I can see you coming in- Docking hatch 2 is clear.

NE45G0j.jpg

Bob: On approach.

Jeb: Re-fueling is complete, and I am ready at the dock.

RcQEWTS.jpg

Bill: MMMPPHHH!

Jeb: ???

Bob: He was acting a little crazy.

Jeb: Well, then, let's take him with us. I want to see the mun again!

Bill9000: Jeb, the launch window won't be open for a couple hours.

Jeb: Thanks B9K.

Bob: Well, lets take a nap before we reach the window.

1 Nap later

hKku7Yu.jpg

B9K: Activating alarm.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

Jeb: WHO? WHAT? WHY? WHEN?

Bill: What happened?

Bob: gbhrgl.

B9K: Since Bob is not awake to tell you, you suffered a high-G stress attack on the ascent in the Orion Vehicle.

Bill: Oh bugger. Does that mean I will be shifted home?

Jeb: No, you will probably get my job.

Kirk: Hey guys- Why did you leave us in the module?

Bob: Bhrg.....

Jeb: Oh, sorry! I thought there was only two people here.

Kirk: That's fine. There are three of us- Myself, Lenwise, and Shepney.

B9K: Launch window in 20 minutes. Disconnecting from the Lander Module.

wJ22asU.jpg

B9K: I advise you all get into the Orion. Launch window in 19 minutes 30 seconds.

Jeb: Nice to meet you all, but we will have plenty of time to get acquainted with each other on route to the mun. Everyone Sound off and enter the Orion.

Kirk: Kirk Kerman, Communications and Logistics.

Lenwise: Lenwise Kerman, Comms and Data.

Shepney: Shepney Kerman- Backup Pilot and Chef.

Bob: Bob Kerman, Geologist, Biologist, and Chef.

Bill: Bill Kerman. AI Template/Psychoanalyst, Pilot, and Inventor.

Jeb: Jebidiah Kerman. Badass, Stunt Pilot, and Mission Commander.

B9K: Bill9thousand, Or B9K. AI, and electronic presence.

Jeb: You are not coming on this mission, tinman. Two weeks of you is more than enough.

B9k: I am not going, but my duplicate in the Landing Vehcle and the Orion are both coming.

Jeb: *Starts Twitching* GRRRRRRR.......

Bob: It will be fine. C'mon- we don't want to miss the launch window.

B9K: 18 minutes 58 seconds.

Jeb: :mad: Lets Just go.

*a couple minutes later*

Jeb: Alright, Disconnected. Rendezvous is 500 meters out with propulsion and hab stages.

B9K: Should I prep a rendevous Burn?

Jeb: No need. Lets coast on RCS.

vN9xqHi.jpg

Kirk: Guys- this is so cool!

ZIbFOWs.jpg

*THUNK*

Jeb: Mission Control- we have docked. Burn in 15 minutes.

VEoLpAu.jpg

MC: Jeb, this is MC. We hear you loud and clear. Prep engines and get ready for the burn.

Jeb: I hear you loud and clear.

Kirk: Who's going down tho drive this boat?

Jeb: I will. Bill, Bob, and You, Kirk, will meet me there. Lenwise, you and Shepney, you will stay in orbit, and keep us in communication with mission control.

MC: Your burn is soon guys.

Jeb: Right- everyone move!

A few minutes later

Jeb: Beginning burn.

Kirk: Metastable link looks clear.

HVGh7OF.jpg

Lenwise: Soundproofing and vibration-dampers are keeping the metalink clean.

Jeb: ... I have no idea what you two are talking about.

Lenwise: We will tell you later.

Jeb: Burn complete. Mission Control, we are on our way.

vy1oWzU.jpg

Jeb: OK- Lenwise, Shepney, how is the connection to the cargo lander?

Shepney: Looks clean commander. We are ready for automatic piloting.

B9k: Jeb, Permission to activate my duplicate on the cargo lander?

Jeb: No.

B9K: But-

Jeb: No. No AI lander. Set Autopilot to headings for intercept, and fire engines on ideal burn-time.

Shepney: Done. Burning in 5.

Jeb: Can we get a visual?

Kirk: Done.

9SFi815.jpg

Jeb: Seems like the engine is operating at a trickle.

Kirk: Telemetry stream shows the burn worked- It is at the proper speed.

Jeb: That's good.

MC: Jeb? Jeb- Respond.

Jeb: We are here MC. What's up?

MC: Check your insertion vector- you need a correction burn before the munar intercept.

Jeb:.... Hey guys- come look at this....

Bill: What's up, commander.

Jeb: Don't call me that. Doesn't this burn projection look like a pulse-long burn?

Kirk: What is that?

Jeb: A short high-thrust burn, and then a long trickle burn... If we adjust it so that the pulse is here-

*Gestures*

Bob: I see. It should get us saved fuel with a trickle then the pulse, then a smaller trickle to circularize.

Jeb: Right- everyone, buckle in. We need some rest before the next burn.

Shepney: Jeb- That last metatransmission from MC contained a burn trajectory for the cargo lander. Should I set the autopilot?

Jeb: Sure. Just make. It. Quick.

*Sounds of beeping and tapping, as well as the clicking of seatbelts

Jeb: So now, as the burn throttles a little, Kirk- can you tell me what this metalink is?

Kirk: The metalink is a small module that can communicate with MC instantaneously, without needing line-of-sight.

Jeb: How?

Kirk: The metalinks have sacks of quantum-entangled material, and measure the changes in movement within the segments. Here- you can see it.

Jeb:....

Bill:...

Bob: That looks like....

Kirk: Yes, I know it looks like a set of lungs.

Bill: Where's the third lung?

Kirk: There isn't one.

Jeb: So these.... Sacks... Contain material that moves?

Kirk: Right, but only under specific circumstances. Acceleration will not effect it up to 15 G's, and the material will not be effected by pressure. It is only effected by heat, and it moves in fractal patterns otherwise, due to some properties of Bosek-Keinstein Kondensates.

Jeb: What?

Kirk: The most recently discovered state of matter. Think- you know about solids, liquids, and gasses, right?

Jeb: Sure. Then there is plasma.

Kirk: True. However, these are just descriptions of energy levels, and how matter changes between the different macro-energy levels on the atomic scale, and how that changes their properties.

Jeb: Alright, keep going.

Kirk: Solid objects form strong kelectro-magnetik attractions, and form into a solid under a specific temperature. Liquids lose their magnetik properties (to some degree) and allow the atoms to move freely.

Bill: Gaseous matter is even less magnetik, but plasma is MORE magnetik.

Kirk: Right. Scientists think that the frameshift engine and super-ion engines that were reverse-engineered from the data that the SWARM sent back utilize these properties to create spatially disrupting acceleration reactions, with the super-ion engines creating a small 'pinch' by using superheated plasma to generate a magnetik field that bends space, making matter out moving over 100,000,000 m/s faster than the input stream, while the frameshift rings seem to use properties of plasma and the Bosek-Keinstein kondensate to push/pull space around the craft, generating an expansion/contraction bubble around the motor... They are still working on it.

Jeb: Ok, that sounds cool. But what does this Bosek-Keinstein kondensate actually do? What properties does it have?

Kirk: The kondensate is a slurry of basic materials- smaller than atoms. It can only exist in a supercooled state- the parts smaller than protons, neutrons, and elektrons can become a singular material at that temperature, and can resonate at the quantum level.

Jeb: How does that work?

Kirk: Quantum.

Jeb: Quantum?

Kirk: Yes, Quantum. Just leave it at that. Quantum-effect theory and perception-effect theory are a bit beyond a small discussion.

Jeb: Alright. We are coming up on the heavy part of the burn anyway. Pulse burn in 3. 2. 1...

UQ6w5U6.jpg

Bill: Telemitry looks good- we are coming up on the sun-side.

jwuoOWu.jpg

Jeb: Micro-burn in 3. 2. 1... Burn complete.

B9K: Looks nice.

Jeb: Gentelmen, Welcome to the Mun.

qGBI1uC.jpg

Bill: The cargo vehicle is finishing the burn directly behind us.

Jeb: Let's Get an image.

WbM6VU1.jpg

Jeb: Nice work team.

MC: Come in Jeb.

Jeb: Jeb here.

Kirk: Why doesn't MC talk to the rest of us?

Bob: Shut up Kirk. We don't want to draw too much attention to ourselves, remember?

MC: Kirk, we will talk to you when we need to. Bob- you are on station duty when we shift you back.

Bob: Damn.

MC: Jeb- we have telescopes trained on the lander. Before you guys go to sleep, we need to make sure the lander is dropped near the location of the alien craft.

Jeb: On it. Shepney! Lenwise! Get the lander on the ground. Bob! Prepare a nice meal.

Lenwise: On it commander.

Shepney: Remote control ready.

Bob: I am working on the soufle' now.

Jeb: Alright people- we are doing this by the numbers.

*Bang*

XdI8uQe.jpg

Jeb: What happened?

Bob: The blender and microgravity don't mix well.

Jeb: Alright. Lets try this again. By the numbers: Decouple.

pWsVX5E.jpg

Lenwise: Done.

Jeb: Correction burn for location- set.

Shepney: Burning in 3. 2. 1.

ueFrpn3.jpg

Shepney: Burn complete.

Jeb: We should have a visual on the landing site.

Lenwise: Image coming in now.

VO6qefr.jpg

Jeb: Good work.

Shepney:... What's that smell?

Jeb: BOB! What's happened now?

Bob: The meatloaf- it's not meatloaf.

Jeb: What.... Nevermind- I don't want to know. Shepney- prep for landing burn.

Shepney: Prepped. Burn in 10 seconds.

Bob: The meatloaf- Bill! Kirk! Come back here and help get this psychotic meal off me!!!

Bill: Just don't eat it!

Shepney: Burn in 3. 2. 1.

vXygCIp.jpg

Shepney: Burn complete. Microburns engaging.

Jeb: Telemetry indicates..... We have landed. Nice work guys.

Lenwise: Ramp deployed.

YdnDdDu.jpg

Jeb: Nice work guys.

Bob: Soup's on!

Jeb: Well then, everyone go get some food, then some rest.

Bob: Oh, and for entertainment, we are going to vacuum the damn meatloaf .... Thing... Into munar orbit.

*Sounds of scratching at the airlock door

Jeb: Is this a good idea?

Bob: No reason why not.

Bill: PULL THE LEVER BOB!

qW1VZ8b.gif

*Fridge Door opens, and knocks out Bill with a sound that is a mix of *Thunk* and *Whack*

Jeb: I think that was the wrong lever. How about this one?

*FWOOSH (Or whatever sound air leaving an airlock makes)

Jeb: Wow! Look at it go!

Kirk: Telemetry shows that that gave us a little thrust- we will be dropping 2 meters lower at periapsis.

Jeb: That we can account for.

HqYkUX8.jpg

MC: Well done crew. We will resume contact after the sleep cycle is over.

Jeb: We will sleep after the soup is finished. So... Munfall soon?

Kirk: Everything is green across the board. So... Yeah.

Jeb: *Slurping soup*

Kirk: Munfall is soon.... DAMN THIS SOUP IS GOOD!

Sorry it took so long to write this up, but I have had my siblings and parents visiting, so I have had alot of free time eaten up.

Next update in a few days- we will have munfall. Thanks to everyone who replied with mining landers... Oh wait :P

Thanks for reading!

The request: anyone have any cool ideas for companies and slogans?

If you want to submit an idea, include a company name, a slogan, and a motive (What the company is going into space to do, be it mining, tourism, construction/manufacturing, or other)

Go nuts with this- the more, the merrier, and the more of a plot I can construct.

"It's not flying- It's falling: With style."

Edited by Mekan1k

I have an idea for a company. I have no real craft concepts for it yet, but I am submitting the company concept "Verolan Space & Aeronautics Ltd."

Primary Focus in Space: Resupply contracts, Commercial/Tourist flights, Mining

Craft Similarities: The ships they use will be built sort of like a mix of SpaceX and Soviet spacecraft designs, with versatility being their no.2 priority, with safety being priority no.1

Slogan/Motto: "We will explore the solar system. We may start small, but we'll go to great places eventually."

Edited by Fox62
Needed to add a motto/slogan

That's good. That's very good.

Since I use most mods, I can swing that sort of spacecraft design... Will they go small or large for ships?

Soviet launch vehicles with spacex-type structures, maybe?

I will see if I can get a design posted, if you do not object. Think you can make a logo?

The one I can think of is "New World Homes Inc.", a start up company, which would be for making off world bases and colonies, which would leave it to the space agency or other private space programs to get it to space, but NWH would be able to make the transfer stage, and the landing stage.

Motto: Providing you with the means to stay, so you don't have to leave...again.

New world homes- Any style preference? Is it utilitarian? Large-scale? On-planet or in-space docking of the base components, or will they not be docked at all?

Will they specilize on in-atmos bases or out-of-atmos bases?

Edited by Mekan1k

That's good. That's very good.

Since I use most mods, I can swing that sort of spacecraft design... Will they go small or large for ships?

Soviet launch vehicles with spacex-type structures, maybe?

I will see if I can get a design posted, if you do not object. Think you can make a logo?

Making a logo will (unfourtanetly) be nigh impossible for me. I have little to no experience using Graphic Design Software (Specifically GIMP). On the subject of spacecraft, they will attempt to use the safest, smallest, and cheapest rocket possible, with emphasis on safety and versatility. They would use the Soyuz launcher almost excessively, but if a smaller, cheaper rocket will suffice without compromising safety, they'll go that route. Also, go ahead with coming up with your own designs for their craft. Mind you, they will also be excessive users of their customized MechJeb system (aka their version of B9k. Not as chatty, but gets the job done as efficiently as possible).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.