Kerbal Attachment System problem

fattmoster

This weird thing is happening where when I use a horizontal stack winch to connect one ship to another that I have landed on the Mun. As soon as Bill Kerman connects the two ships, the one with the winch starts to roll over. It will roll over and over and over and it wont stop until I stop rotation with time acceleration. Nothing even breaks! Even if I run into another ship it just rolls over it! Even when I disconnected it, it will keep rolling... forever... It's kind of hilarious at first, but now it's annoying. It does it with everything that has the horizontal stack winch. It doesn't happen when I connect it in undocked mode. But as soon as I switch it to docked mode it rolls over! I haven't tried the other winch yet. Using the latest version with mechjeb, KAS, and Kethane, all of which are also up to date.

s3o6df.jpg

There is a winch on the 2 RCS stacks on the right and the fuel truck. Both roll over as soon as it is connected to anything.

Help!

Have you tried releasing the cable a bit ? when the Kerman puts it there there's always a bit of tension, and it's often enough to move stuff.

Even if you extend it to it's full length after you dock it it will just keep rolling.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.