Help building an interplanetary rocket need design

I have been trying for nearly a week to build a rocket with a 3 person cockpit and a lander that can go to other planets. Thats all I want. Ive tried it myself hour upon hour day upon day following tutorial designs and trying to make my own designs but NONE OF MY ROCKETS EVER GET CLOSE TO ORBIT.

Why is it IMPOSSIBLE to make such a rocket. all I want is payload stage consisting of Mark 1-2 Cockpit and a Lander capable of going down to planet or moon surface.

Every single one of my rockets either tips over which is due to my incorrect use of asparagus staging which I will never use again seeing as it will become irrelevant anyway in the future

or my rockets fall apart on the landing pad and explode

or they explode when I throttle up

I have tried to make every damn interplanetary rocket I can but NONE of the large rockets work

little ones....fine. Travelling to the Mun or Minmus thats fine. But getting out of the system to say Duna or Eve. Impossible it makes me want to quit, but I wont I will get out of the kerbin system dammit.

Someone please post me an easy design with the two requirements I have above. I am still very new at this.

You have no idea how grateful I will be for a workable design that I can put together with the 3 man cockpit and a lander. however that is configured I dont care I just want it to work.

I am at my wits end ;.; ;.; ;.; ;.;

Thanks for your help

Sounds to me like your issue with bigger rockets is structural integrity. You might want to add MOAR struts, especially for the lifter stages, and struts between stages as well.

Don't forget launch clamps to keep your rocket in place before you launch, and it shouldn't explode there anymore.

As for the rocket design itself, I would suggest one or several Nervas for the interplanetary stage, as they require very little fuel.

Some other people might be able to give your better suggestions, though :)

For a first interplanetary craft, less is more. It's a trite saying, but it's true here. You'll just want to use a compact lander design, probably broadly similar to your Münar landers, and for propulsion, you don't need a gigantic fuel reserve powered by eight Mainsails, you'll want a fairly modest stage (one Rockomax 32-200 tank could be enough), and one or a few nuclear rockets. Nuclear rockets, or NERVAs, don't provide much thrust, but they're incredibly fuel-efficient, which makes them a must for interplanetary transfers. They can make a little fuel go a long way. You'll likely be burning for a while - several minutes or so - but you won't need too much fuel. Then, when you arrive at your destination, just put the lander down the way you usually would (but be mindful that Duna's atmosphere is so thin that parachutes alone won't work).

Of course, if you want to be able to return your Kerbals home afterwards, it becomes more complicated, but the basic principle remains the same: don't overdo the fuel, and use nuclear engines.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.