Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. - Version 1.4.2 Now Available!

JordanCox2

What rocket do you guys use most frequently?  

1,385 members have voted

1. 1. What rocket do you guys use most frequently?

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Flixxbeatz

you make a nice rocket :) I can only hope my falcon 9 is as nice. though i am not going for the degree of realizm you do lol.

hell. you should make the n1 moon rocket. but like all the prices and correct sizes and colors and such since the silosko one is eh...

Nova\'s N1 needs some upsizing man... I\'ve just noticed.

you make a nice rocket :) I can only hope my falcon 9 is as nice. though i am not going for the degree of realizm you do lol.

hell. you should make the n1 moon rocket. but like all the prices and correct sizes and colors and such since the silosko one is eh...

As I\'ve stated in a previous post, the N1 is on my to do list. When will I build it? I have no idea.

Would it be possible to split the current SAS that goes above the 5-segment SRB in two, and make a separate texture for an Advanced SAS module as one half?

No... Several people have asked me to convert my S.A.S. modules into Advanced S.A.S. modules. I have tried, but they do not want to cooperate with my rockets and how they are configured to operate. Until I can fully devote my time to test an all Advanced S.A.S. system, I\'m abandoning this concept completely. I\'ll eventually get to it, but I don\'t see it as a big priority. My rockets work just fine using regular S.A.S. modules (if you use them correctly). For more info, check out the Frequently Asked Questions at the bottom of my main post.

I made a lot of progress on the Intrepid V last night. As of right now, it\'s 50% complete. There\'s still quite a bit to go, but I\'m very pleased at how things are going!

Here\'s the first WIP screenshot. It doesn\'t have any textures yet, but this will give all of you an idea of what it will look like (model-wise). Following the Atlas V\'s 3-digit designation, the rocket in this particular screenshot would be labeled: Intrepid V 521.

SIhtf.png

Is the Intrepid V based off the Atlas V? Because the atlas V has 4 boosters in pairs on each side.

Yes it is, but it doesn\'t always have 4 SRB\'s. As seen in the picture below, the Atlas V can be configured to have anywhere between 0 and 5 SRB\'s (depending on the payload).

atlas-5_config.png

intrepid II is a great rocket...the other day i launched the rocket with a kubble telescope on it and then from that i went to mun not a successful landing but it was the closest ive ever come a speed of 17m/s.

intrepid SRS is good aswell but it seems a bit unsteady geting to orbit and sometimes i dont get there and when i but another stage under the pod i put the other stages back on and then there go in the wrong order maybe a glitch??

is the intrepid V available yet?? if it is i will download it as i saw the launch of the atlas V this morning and it will be interesting to see what the difference is...

intrepid II is a great rocket...the other day i launched the rocket with a kubble telescope on it and then from that i went to mun not a successful landing but it was the closest ive ever come a speed of 17m/s.

intrepid SRS is good aswell but it seems a bit unsteady geting to orbit and sometimes i dont get there and when i but another stage under the pod i put the other stages back on and then there go in the wrong order maybe a glitch??

is the intrepid V available yet?? if it is i will download it as i saw the launch of the atlas V this morning and it will be interesting to see what the difference is...

When I first released the SLS, it was too easy to get it into orbit. I had to make it a little more difficult, but it\'s still manageable. If you add extra stages, you\'ll have to tweak the staging on the right side of the screen in the VAB.

As for the Intrepid V, I don\'t have a specific date planned for its release, but you can keep track of my progress at the bottom of my main post on the first page.

Can\'t wait for the Atlas V, but one thing, I don\'t know if it\'s just me, but the SLS was impossible to control. I couldn\'t get it into an orbit let alone to the moon, it always goes one way and I can\'t control it. Any thoughts?

Can\'t wait for the Atlas V, but one thing, I don\'t know if it\'s just me, but the SLS was impossible to control. I couldn\'t get it into an orbit let alone to the moon, it always goes one way and I can\'t control it. Any thoughts?

Is S.A.S. enabled the entire time? If not, it should be. For more info about that, see the F.A.Q.\'s in the main post.

Is S.A.S. enabled the entire time? If not, it should be. For more info about that, see the F.A.Q.\'s in the main post.

The problem is that it is impossible to turn into orbit-SAS hinders turning, it would just make it worse.

The problem is that it is impossible to turn into orbit-SAS hinders turning, it would just make it worse.

The rockets released by Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. use modified S.A.S. modules. They are strong enough to prevent your rocket from spinning as well as keep it on a straight path, yet weak enough to still allow movement of your ship. This is an unorthodox way of doing things around here, but it\'s what gives the Intrepid rockets their incredible control. When using an IFE, Inc. rocket, make sure S.A.S. is enabled the entire time for maximum control.

Alright. It\'s time for another progress update!

As of this post, the Intrepid V is 66% complete and the 1st stage textures have been finished. I\'ve also added the official Intrepid V screenshot to the rocket catalog in my main post. The only time-consuming part I have left is modeling and texturing the second stage. After that\'s done, I just need to do some last minute part configurations before I can release it. I\'m shooting for a release sometime next week, but I can\'t make any guarantees.