Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. - Version 1.4.2 Now Available!

JordanCox2

What rocket do you guys use most frequently?  

1,385 members have voted

1. 1. What rocket do you guys use most frequently?

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Flixxbeatz

Already tried... Ain\'t happening... That is, unless you want death and destruction! In that case, the 411 setup is perfect for a quick and timely death!

Yep.

Both designs rock out pretty hard. The X-37 has the advantage of more traditionally shaped fuselage , which would mean it looks more 'balanced' on top of the launcher , but on the other hand the Dream chaser has a clearly defined cockpit that I think would be an advantage here. On balance , I suspect the X-37 would be the easier to work on , but the chaser would look nicer.

Hmm. They\'re both not quite pleasing to the eye, compared to Kliper. Though between these two the Dream Chaser (CG Renders anyway) looks like it belongs to Mighty Ducks or something, so I\'d use the X-37 if I was making them.

What about the X-38? It looks more like the Dream Chaser but without that silly bill for a nose. ;P

Hey Jordan, do you think you could make the 2m Intrepid V PLF in a 1.5m version?

I\'ll see what I can do.

Regarding everybody\'s posts about the spaceplane design, it\'s going to be a tough decision... However, I think it\'s going to come down to which spacecraft has the most blueprints to model after. I just started modeling 3 months ago (just for this game), so I\'m pretty much learning 3ds Max 2012 as I go! The X-37 is more popular than the Dream Chaser, but the X-38 looks pretty nice as well. Hmm... Decisions, decisions...

Maybe you could email the dream chaser team for some reference photos? Tell them you want to make a model of their ship, I\'m sure they\'ll be friendlier than the government =p

That\'s not a bad idea! I\'ll see what I can do.

Given that NASA does everything out in the open, I don\'t see them being too averse to sending fairly detailed photos and diagrams of their spacecraft, if you ask with the explanation that you\'re building a 3D computer model of it, including ones that never actually flew. (X-30, I\'m looking at YOU.)

The Air Force might or might not be fairly forthcoming, too, with a politely worded request regarding external diagrams and overview photos of the X-37 and X-38; security might keep you from getting really detailed stuff, but in general, the Air Force\'s Public Affairs Office is happy to send out factsheets and pretty pictures of their vehicles, so long as it\'s not about anything classified--after all, it\'s a recruiting tool and a way to get the public to support spending on Air Force projects! (Same with the other branches of the military.)

Given that NASA does everything out in the open, I don\'t see them being too averse to sending fairly detailed photos and diagrams of their spacecraft, if you ask with the explanation that you\'re building a 3D computer model of it, including ones that never actually flew. (X-30, I\'m looking at YOU.)

The Air Force might or might not be fairly forthcoming, too, with a politely worded request regarding external diagrams and overview photos of the X-37 and X-38; security might keep you from getting really detailed stuff, but in general, the Air Force\'s Public Affairs Office is happy to send out factsheets and pretty pictures of their vehicles, so long as it\'s not about anything classified--after all, it\'s a recruiting tool and a way to get the public to support spending on Air Force projects! (Same with the other branches of the military.)

The X-37 is still highly classified...

Given that the AF has released photos of the X-37, you might still be able to get some info from them about it. Dunno how much, but if nothing else, they might hook you up with the photos that they *have* released. After all, it\'s not a completely black program any more...

But yeah, DreamChaser and X-38 sound like they\'d be a lot easier to get stuff for.

After doing some research today, I\'ve decided to model Aurora after the Dream Chaser spaceplane. It was a tough decision to make, but I feel like more progress can be made with this selection. One of the main reasons why I chose the Dream Chaser is because it\'s a near replica of NASA\'s old HL-20 Personnel Launch System. I\'m fairly confident I\'ll be able to find a lot more documentation of the HL-20 and Dream Chaser than some of the other choices. I also took the time to email the Sierra Nevada Corporation in hopes of getting some reference images or design plans to build my model from. That\'s pretty much where things stand at the moment. I\'ll keep you guys updated once things start to progress.

After doing some research today, I\'ve decided to model Aurora after the Dream Chaser spaceplane. It was a tough decision to make, but I feel like more progress can be made with this selection. One of the main reasons why I chose the Dream Chaser is because it\'s a near replica of NASA\'s old HL-20 Personnel Launch System. I\'m fairly confident I\'ll be able to find a lot more documentation of the HL-20 and Dream Chaser than some of the other choices. I also took the time to email the Sierra Nevada Corporation in hopes of getting some reference images or design plans to build my model from. That\'s pretty much where things stand at the moment. I\'ll keep you guys updated once things start to progress.

Yay :3