What's your favorite not commonly known Kerbal?

way2smrt

Billybob-dan Kerman.

Got him once. Sadly he died after trying to detach his rover from the lander while we were doing around 120 m/s. Ok so maybe I hit space bar on accident, that's not important. Point is, He did manage to glide down a slope before ramping off a rock formation and exploding on the landing.

I'd like to imagine his last words were "Jeb...hold my beer" before embarking on his one man mission to get sweet air or/and die trying.

Matdun Kerman, test pilot and mission pilot for my Apollo mission profile recreation. Screamed all the way to the Mün. Landed with less than one second of fuel left in the descent stage. Broke in to the biggest grin as the engine noise died away. Didn't stop grinning all the way home having again proved his badassery beyond doubt by docking the Münar ascent stage with only a few seconds of fuel left. :cool:

Heck he was still grinning when the ablative heat shield failed (Deadly Re-Entry) on Kerbin re-entry. :0.0:

The ending to his story is a happy one however. The heat shield failed but had lasted just long enough for him and his baked and battered capsule to safely land. Big dang hero in this save :) And I'll re-create him in .21 for the same mission.

Billy-Bobsen Kerman

First Kerbal in Space? Yes!

First Kerbal to achieve orbit? Yes!

First Kerbal to participate in an orbital docking operation? Yes!

Died in a plane crash? Yes!

Came back nonetheless to be the first Kerbal on another celestial body (Minmus)? Yes!

Currently he is part of the crew of a tanker which will haul fuel between the still to be exploited Kethane fields of the Mun and the still in contruction being space station in LKO.

I am very glad to posess such an excellent Astronaut in a savegame where Jeb, Bill and Bob never bothered to appear.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.