"Queen Kerman" class Cruise Ship.

Rune

Looking for a trip in style? Perhaps you just built a beach resort in Laythe, and are lacking a way to move the customers there? Well look no further! Sporting luxurious individual cabins for 16 passengers, and a central (unpressurized) meeting place along the spine of the ship, the Queen Kerman class was designed from the start to take your kerbals where they want to go, in style. The passengers can pass away the time contemplating the stars, or they can play space poker with their neighbours in the 0-G 0-pascals lounge (strict spacesuit etiquette!).

Low gravity moon landings are supported with the optional landing gear module, and a large orange drop tank on the back (half empty by the time you make orbit) ensures you have enough gas to get there (it can most likely do any one destination, at lest one way with decent navigational skills) and back again. Duna, Eve, and Laythe, the reference missions, should be doable without aerobraking, even, you've got on the order of 5km/s to play with before you think about refuelling, 2km/s without the drop tank.

pUtU1zt.png

And if the worst happens, well, there is an emergency bailout system that detaches each cabin so they can land by chute... and good luck saving the pilot then! He has emergency rocket thrusters to try a powered emergency landing, but he will have to prove his piloting skills to walk away. The passengers should be fine, though, as long as the planet they are going to be stranded on has an atmosphere.

Important technical stuff:

saWBWqf.png

On the pad with the launch vehicle, four simple mainsail boosters crossfed:

4A7cl3q.jpg

Closeups of the the passenger section and the landing gear module:

MNgyw2E.jpg

dCdFo5R.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

http://www./download/bymw7xov6x35rzt/Queen_Kerman_Class_Cruise_Ship.craft

IMGUR ALBUM (Ignore the skipper on the pictures there, it's the prototype, now you can drop it as soon as orbital insertion is complete):

http://imgur.com/a/uYbw2

Rune. Don't forget to send postcards of your trip!

I like the design. Could the landing gear be moved to the next section up?

Really like the escape pod system? is the top pod left on its own after the pods detach or are there other structures?

I like the design. Could the landing gear be moved to the next section up?

Really like the escape pod system? is the top pod left on its own after the pods detach or are there other structures?

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. And to answer the questions, yes, you could probably move it without problems, though the ladders and such are measured so it works best like it is now. You can also get rid of the docking ports and lose the ability to ditch the landing gear. And yes, the top pod separates from most of the ship. You retain the metal plates, since I though that they could serve as impact cushions, but a few small radial decoupler can change that if you wish.

Downloaded, but there seems to be a part missing.... And this is supposed to be stock....

Hum. If you told me what message you get, I can take a look at it. Perhaps I left something (by something I mean kerbal engineer) in there by accident, it's happened before.

Rune. The customer service is also important.

Edited by Rune

I like this design. It looks nice. And I see a lot of DeltaV there.:) Downloaded.

Also,

Downloaded, but there seems to be a part missing.... And this is supposed to be stock....

What version of KSP do you have?

Edited by Darndello

I like this design. It looks nice. And I see a lot of DeltaV there.:) Downloaded.

Yup, and that's with kerbal engineer getting confused because it doesn't recognize drop tanks as such, you get around 2km/s after you drop the big orange tank and the extra RCS. This thing is meant to be able to make a cruise to any planet in the system... and most times, get back without refueling there. And of course, to look good while doing so. But the small landing cans are one of the most mass-effective way of moving kerbals around inside a pod (so no cloning happens like with crew tanks), so it is surprisingly capable for such a huge passenger capacity.

Rune. More VAB stuff soon.

You called it that what is up! Uses the Skipper from KSPX, when I installed KSPX it worked.

Crap. That's happened twice now, no way to tell them apart. Well, It's easy to fix fixed now.

Rune. Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Rune

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.