Ant SSTO (versions: 2x1t Payload, VTOL, Docking or Vertical Landing)

*** These are v0.20 craft files. Link to updated Ant SSTO series v0.21 available below ***

Ant SSTO v0.21

Presentation

Introducing the Ant SSTO with multiple versions for your particular needs:

(Basic) - Simple flying version to allow for you to tweak it as you wish

(Payload) - This version has forward canards moved up to allow for a 2x1t payload to be attached

(VTOL) - This version should allow for vacuum VTOL horizontal landings but still requires some tweaking for VTOL engine placement

(Landing) - This version adds landing legs for vertical (rocket type) landings of the SSTO in vacuum

(Docking/Landing) - This version adds RCS and a forward docking port to the lander version

Javascript is disabled. View full album

IMPORTANT - Known problem

-before activating nuclear engine must turn off fuel crossfeed for central Mk2 fuselage (for whatever reason engine decides to burn fuel unevenly otherwise leading to tilt)

If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening /can fix it help would be appreciated

Action Groups

All SSTO Ant Versions

1- toggle turbojet engines

2- toggle nuclear engine

3- toggle air intakes (all)

SSTO Ant VTOL

4 - toggle VTOL engines

SSTO Ant (Landing) & SSTO Ant (Dock&Landing)

4 - toggle vertical landing legs and ladders

5 - toggle horizontal landing gear and ladders

SSTO Ant (Dock&Landing)

6 - toggle docking port

Download

SSTO Ant (Basic)

SSTO Ant (Payload)

SSTO Ant (VTOL)

SSTO Ant (Landing)

SSTO Ant (Dock&Landing)

SSTO Ant Pack <- zip file containing all 5 versions

Edited by carazvan
re-adding pics for v0.20

Ok, I'm not going to download it, but from the pics I can see what's wrong with the fuel routing: you made a circle. Never do that with fuel lines. See how there are two possible fuel paths to the nuke? KSP doesn't know how to prioritize then.

I see two easy fixes, though: first, you could change the fuel lines to just two, going from the side tanks to the central one. That would mean that the turbojets can only get fuel from the LFO tanks, but who cares since the nuke can draw from both. Or, you could separate the nuke from the Mk2 fuselage, either by putting it on a decoupler or by clipping something (anything) in the node in which it attaches (you will have to turn on part clipping for that). Then it will draw fuel the way you seem to want it to.

Rune. Fuel routing is weird.

Thanks for the idea Rune I'll have to check that out if it fixes it.

The names for my SSTOs are all insect based so far ... hence the Ant here because this was the first payload craft

You can also find the smaller Flea, Fly and Mosquito here

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.