Space Ark Kerbanautics [New Release: KubLab Modular!]

Cymae

I really like the solar cells for this module. And whatever that other bit is on the top. They look pretty cool.

Could you maybe release a 'moduled' version of this? So, like, instead of being one unit, we can mix and match?

Hmm. Might be too much of a pain, depending on how it was modeled. but if not: pretty please?

Is it really a necro thread? I\'m still working on it and people obviously still have questions and comments?

Um, not sure how to make it modular...I\'ll harass someone into helping me :D

Is it really a necro thread? I\'m still working on it and people obviously still have questions and comments?

His post wasn\'t a question. Also, he made his post months from when this thread was last active.

from what I know about mod making(very little) you can split the model up in whatever 3d program you are using, and then make each into its own part. Then you\'ll have to make nodes to connect them(beyond what I know). Ask Nova or C7 for help.

[mod]since the op is continuing with the project and it's on topic, it's perfectly fine that it was necro-ed[/mod]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I\'m going to risk a Necro right here, simply curious if this is still being worked on.

Yeah it is. I\'ve been a bit lazy. I took a wee bit of time to work on unwrapping someone else\'s rover, but that\'s finished now :D

Had some trouble getting nice flowing lines, but I think I\'ve sorted it out, here\'s a WIP for those of you who like updates :)

arca_WIP1.png

Why, why oh why. The necrobumps, they just keep happening.

Sure. I\'ll just create a WHOLE NEW thread to thank someone for their space station. Who cares if it\'s a few months later? Jesus Christ. Everyone needs to get over their issues. Oh no! A good thread has been revived!! The horror. Someone please call the SWAT team.

Sure. I\'ll just create a WHOLE NEW thread to thank someone for their space station. Who cares if it\'s a few months later? Jesus Christ. Everyone needs to get over their issues. Oh no! A good thread has been revived!! The horror. Someone please call the SWAT team.

Sir, yes, Sir! SWAT Team Sergeant reporting in.

On topic, KubLab looks great now I can visit it with persistance. :D

It\'d be great if the solar panels could fold somehow, as it is, this station is too large to fit into most fairings (ideally, it\'d fit inside 2m fairings to work with my Saturn V).

It\'d be great if the solar panels could fold somehow, as it is, this station is too large to fit into most fairings (ideally, it\'d fit inside 2m fairings to work with my Saturn V).

Well it\'s not going to fit in a 2m fairing, because Kublab is just a bit over 2m wide without the dish. We\'re looking into getting it to fit in a 3m faring, but are having a lot of trouble with the dish which is too big, and I can\'t work out how to fold it in.

Here\'s what I\'ve got so far (it\'s just a sketch more than anything), The main solar panels are folded using a landing leg config and pop up (which is the easy bit), and Kublab\'s dish would have to be modified to rotate into position over the hatch (which would mean the dish would have to be a landing legs component), but then the panels still stick out. I can\'t fold the panels inward either because you can\'t attach landing legs to landling legs.

kublab_folding_issue.png

It won\'t fit in the fairing unless I can somehow modify those dish panels to fold....which I can\'t.

Any suggestions are welcome....please :)

Updated KubLab to modular. No panels yet. My config maker is le tired. So either I learn to play KSP so I can work out how to make parts and attach the solar panels back on, wait until he has a nap or find someone else to do it. Sigh. If anyone\'s interested in joining forces to implement my models, let me know.

Also finished modeling and texturing the KER-111 Excelsior, but again, can\'t put it together until I can either learn to do it myself or get someone to do it for me.

Here\'s a quick render so you can at least see how it looks, It\'s comprised of a command module, decoupler, fuel tank, engine, wings, control surfaces and a drop tank. I\'ve split everything apart, just need to get it into KSP and working together.

KER_111_texturedpreview.png

Guest meteorite 101

not to be rude or a pain but your latest download link is mixed up with kubble with no modular parts

Updated, sorry about that, got a bit muddled, link should work now and i added a change log. Basically split Kublab into smaller parts so you can mix and match.