[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Fractal, I would be grateful if the fission reactor off-center model position is fixed in the upcoming version :)

Also - I think I will give up on the impactor experiment. Still does not work.

Edited by smunisto

Hi, i've been having a problem where my science lab doesn't seem to produce science to upgrade my parts on the ship. The IR telescope though does produce science for the R&D center. When i right click the science lab, it says it's producing science but i cant see any accumulating to upgrade my reactor. The lab is at full power. Please Help

Edited by GentlemanJack

Fractal, I would be grateful if the fission reactor off-center model position is fixed in the upcoming version :)

It has been fixed, don't worry.

Git forks are the easiest way to do this. How usable is the "develop" branch right now?

It's completely useable, I just need to find a way of applying the updated tech tree.

There is nothing wrong with the updated tech tree .cfg that has been posted here but manually copying that kind of file around is not a viable update mechanism, I need a mechanism that works automatically for people who play with the interstellar tree (which is probably the vast majority of the people here) and those who don't.

Release! I'd compile myself but I've never had luck doing that without extensive how to's. The tech tree is almost a non issue in exchange for some critical fixes. I will happily edit part cfg's to shoehorn things into existing nodes.

Guys, give Fractal_UK room to work, people have lives that don't revolve around KSP.

You can always play your 0.23 games as long as you saved them away from Steam.

Keep up the good work Fractal_UK ;)

Guys, give Fractal_UK room to work, people have lives that don't revolve around KSP.

You can always play your 0.23 games as long as you saved them away from Steam.

Keep up the good work Fractal_UK ;)

People have lives outside of KSP? Since when? Hell, Steam says I've played over 1,000 (800+ of that probably just building and tweaking ships) of KSP... and I know I played way more than that length before it was even ON Steam.

And... I have a dumb question... that's extract-able water/Ice on Eeloo... right? Thinking of sending a miner and fuel station out there... for the lulz

~Steve

People have lives outside of KSP? Since when? Hell, Steam says I've played over 1,000 (800+ of that probably just building and tweaking ships) of KSP... and I know I played way more than that length before it was even ON Steam.

~Steve

I have 850 steam hours, and since I started moving new versions out after release steam has not logged the last few months of me playing... Atleast not since 0.22....

And... I have a dumb question... that's extract-able water/Ice on Eeloo... right? Thinking of sending a miner and fuel station out there... for the lulz

Not on Eeloo, no. It's assumed to be frozen Nitrogen, frozen carbon monoxide, frozen Methane, etc. (by anaology with Pluto)

Is there a way to have a fission reactor start completely cold? I wanted to launch a reactor module up for my space station sans fuel, fuel it in orbit, and then start it, but launching even with the reactor completely drained of fuel still makes me sit through three days of decay heating, plus the waste heat production associated with it. No big deal really, I guess - time acceleration exists for a reason - but it's still a little weird :)

Is there a way to have a fission reactor start completely cold?

In the VAB tweekables for the reactor there should be a button labled Disable Reactor rigt between the swap fuel button and the uranium fuel slider. Toggle that and it will appear on the launch pad offline and not have to wait for the decay heating.

In the VAB tweekables for the reactor there should be a button labled Disable Reactor rigt between the swap fuel button and the uranium fuel slider. Toggle that and it will appear on the launch pad offline and not have to wait for the decay heating.

Hmm, weird. I used that with my initial launch and still got decay; just tried again with a fresh reactor and decay started at 0.05% (which I imagine will only last for a brief while).

Reactor in question is the Akula 3.75, just for reference - It's no big deal, though, just thought it might've been a bug. Probably just post-0.23.5 jitters or something.

It shouldn't be doing that... I just loaded up the akula with just a radiator and a pod siting on top with it set to disabled. No decay heating at all. Did it both with fuel and without, jeb was able to turn the reactor on right away on the one that had fuel in it and the fuel less one he obviously didnt acomplish much from the attempt.

Still your right .05 should only take an hour or so worth of timewarp tops. but it still shouldnt be doing that.

Looks like 20k in EC storage is the minimum needed per GW for transmitted power. And some RTG's so you don't loose control :)

2I3y4ni.png

If you go 60k in EC storage per GW you can actually keep some reserves;)

Kxa0TZ7.png

Im thinking weld an entire stack of batteries together and add some wings to triple my output :)

All right, I'm still on version 0.23

I've got a bit of a problem with the seismometer.

My craft is on Bop with the seismometer set to record impacts. I drive an impactor straight into Bop at ~740m/s just before impact and nothing happens. Just previous to this I performed the impactor experiment just fine on Vall and Tylo with recorded science. What's going wrong? Is it because Bop has such low gravity that it registers me as not having landed yet or some such? I've tried landing in two other places and the result was still the same - no recorded impact.

Yes, my craft is powered.

Yes, I am switched to the impactor for the impact

Yes, the seismometer is on, etc etc.

As mentioned I've done the impactor experiment successfully on Tylo and Vall, and I've also done it successfully on Duna, Dres, Ike, Mun, Minmus

All right, I'm still on version 0.23

I've got a bit of a problem with the seismometer.

My craft is on Bop with the seismometer set to record impacts. I drive an impactor straight into Bop at ~740m/s just before impact and nothing happens. Just previous to this I performed the impactor experiment just fine on Vall and Tylo with recorded science. What's going wrong? Is it because Bop has such low gravity that it registers me as not having landed yet or some such? I've tried landing in two other places and the result was still the same - no recorded impact.

Yes, my craft is powered.

Yes, I am switched to the impactor for the impact

Yes, the seismometer is on, etc etc.

As mentioned I've done the impactor experiment successfully on Tylo and Vall, and I've also done it successfully on Duna, Dres, Ike, Mun, Minmus

Did you rename the impactor so it does not share with something else that you have already used?

Also I had similar issues on EVE with impactors not working even when hitting at over 60ms. I eventually gave up after spending close to 6 hours getting the sensors in position all over Eve.. It was pretty annoying. I had already done Duna, Dres, Moho, Gilly to name a few....

In other news I angered the Kraken and he broke my panels.....

einRtVN.png

Sacrificed a few Kerbals to Kerbol and restarted KSP and I got my panels working again.

98% efficient:) Its not easier then rolling 30 Reactors off the runway but its far cheaper in the long run. And no maintenance....

TkMlaMA.png

I updated my tree.cfg again HERE. All I did was remove parts from the tree.cfg if their location matched what was defined in their part.cfg and enabled anyParent on a lot of nodes to make them match the stock tree. I'm not sure if Fractal ment to make all those nodes anyParent = False or not but now the tree should match the stock tree behavior on all stock nodes. The folding WarpDrive has been added at the correct location. You can view the diff's for my revisions to know exactly which nodes I changed HERE.

Hi, i've been having a problem where my science lab doesn't seem to produce science to upgrade my parts on the ship. The IR telescope though does produce science for the R&D center. When i right click the science lab, it says it's producing science but i cant see any accumulating to upgrade my reactor. The lab is at full power. Please Help

Version 0.11 Released!

Version 0.11.0
-Toolbar Integration
-Updated tech tree with additional fusion power node
-New Computer Core Model (by AArtisan)
-New 0.625 Pebble bed/dusty plasma reactor (model by AArisan)
-New Large 3.75m Refinery which does processing and resource extraction (model by Aartisan)
-Added Haber process (to produce ammonia) to Refinery
-Improved impactor mechanics
-Direct conversion max power fixed, fixes problems generally experienced with fusion and microwave transmitters
-Fixed thrust transform with small arcjet engine
-Default generator Electric Charge set to 1000

Download links on the first page have been updated. Enjoy!