[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Ok, thank you all.

And also, I appear to be having the same exact problem as TheAddiction2. I went into a sandbox, no power trancievers. I made a career and edited the persistence file to give me 12000 science. The tech node "experimental electronics" has nothing in it.

Ok, thank you all.

And also, I appear to be having the same exact problem as TheAddiction2. I went into a sandbox, no power trancievers. I made a career and edited the persistence file to give me 12000 science. The tech node "experimental electronics" has nothing in it.

You need to select the "warp" techtree or whatever it's called. It's been awhile since I started career mode. All nodes have something in them.

The Mod keeps crashing my game. Is there a known solution for that?

Mods i'm using:

KAS, Kerbal Engineer, Enhanced Navball, Kethane Pack, Editor Extensions, TAC Life Support, Procedural Fairings, Kerbal Economy, Docking Port Allignement indicator, Kerbal Alarm clock.

I hope I havn't forgot anything.

You need to select the "warp" techtree or whatever it's called. It's been awhile since I started career mode. All nodes have something in them.

In sandbox the transceiver doesn't show up. Theres a receiver, but no transceiver.

I installed Interstellar and I can't find some parts in my game. I can't seem to find some things like the Inline Refinery or Microwave Tranciever. I was using the main download to download the files, and I've tried redownloading and reinstalling multiple times, but I can't seem to fix it. I installed it in this path Steamapps/common/KSP/Gamedata (The vanilla one, not the one included with the mod)/Mods (I put the folders inside of the Gamedata inside my custom mods folder/WarpPlugin, Treeloader and OpenResourcesystem.

Don't make a custom mods folder inside Gamedata. Most or all of your mods will not work.

It has to be Gamedata/WarpPlugin and Gamedata/Squad and Gamedata/NASAmission and Gamedata/TreeLoader and so on or things will not work. Do not nest mods in other folders.

Edited by BigD145

Don't make a custom mods folder inside Gamedata. Most or all of your mods will not work.

It has to be Gamedata/WarpPlugin and Gamedata/Squad and Gamedata/NASAmission and Gamedata/TreeLoader and so on or things will not work. Do not nest mods in other folders.

Yeah, its working now

use module manager:

I use this to add module manager to radiators. I don't use a generic search for all parts with the FNRadiator module, as some parts have it, like B9 cargo bays, that would not make sense to be storable:

@PART[RadialRadiatorzzz*] //adds to the small non-folding radials (Radial Radiator and Small Radial Radiator)
{
MODULE
{
name = KASModuleGrab
evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.0, -0.18)
evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)
addPartMass = true
storable = true
storedSize = 15
attachOnPart = true
}
}

@PART[radiator0] //adds to the smallest folding radiator
{
MODULE
{
name = KASModuleGrab
evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.0, -0.18)
evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)
addPartMass = true
storable = true
storedSize = 15
attachOnPart = true
}
}

Obviously, one can add it to more if one wants

Is there any chance to have KAS compability addon, for things like small radial heat radiators? I have some satellites that need a rescue mission, because of my absent-mindedness.

This is why I add docking ports to my satellites.

Is there any chance to have KAS compability addon, for things like small radial heat radiators? I have some satellites that need a rescue mission, because of my absent-mindedness.

The claw would work perfectly for you in this situation. No docking ports needed. No EVA needed.

I recently forgot to add batteries to the launching unit of a new space station design so while I had a brain and fuel I had no power after separating the payload (station parts) - I launched a ship with a bunch of small parasite battery packs with nothing but RCS, a brain, and batteries. Worked like a champ. Should work well for adding radiators or such also...

good luck

can someone tell me why is my reactor turned off?

and i cant turn it back on now

http://i.imgur.com/3XK1hTx.png

You are out of EC and MJ, and Tritium. You need to turn on breeding while it's running to keep it topped up. You'll need to resupply and repower the satellite before it will function again.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

You are out of EC and MJ, and Tritium. You need to turn on breeding while it's running to keep it topped up. You'll need to resupply and repower the satellite before it will function again.

O...ic...

but shouldnt the electric generator be generating EC to keep it running to begin with?

O...ic...

but shouldnt the electric generator be generating EC to keep it running to begin with?

You obviously didn't have tritium breeding turned on... easy to tell by the fact you still have a full supply of Lithium. No Tritium, no fusion... no fusion, no power for generator to make EC... etc.

~Steve

Mods i'm using:

KAS, Kerbal Engineer, Enhanced Navball, Kethane Pack, Editor Extensions, TAC Life Support, Procedural Fairings, Kerbal Economy, Docking Port Allignement indicator, Kerbal Alarm clock.

Thx for help.

Mods i'm using:

Thx for help.

The usual suspect is that you are out of memory. Try using the active texture reduction mod. Beyond that you may have an issue with your install and may want to try removing mods until the issue goes away.

Any possibility of a black-hole power plant or thruster late in the tech tree? Of course, moving 606,000t around would be a bit difficult. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole_starship and http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/20813/how-would-a-black-hole-power-plant-work

Intresting in therory but I'm not sure I'd want to be on the same planet as anybody first experimenting with creating one of those. I didnt see anything in those links in how you would move the thing either. you cant physicly push as it would just eat any material comeing in contact. The only way I could see it working is if droping bits of mater into the same spot on the BH caused it to release enough energy in a single direction that the BH would move itself. AT that point it would be a mater of building a structure around the BH in such a way that the gravitational forces were self balancing. In effect you get the BH to go somewhere and you just hitch a ride.

Intresting in therory but I'm not sure I'd want to be on the same planet as anybody first experimenting with creating one of those. I didnt see anything in those links in how you would move the thing either. you cant physicly push as it would just eat any material comeing in contact. The only way I could see it working is if droping bits of mater into the same spot on the BH caused it to release enough energy in a single direction that the BH would move itself. AT that point it would be a mater of building a structure around the BH in such a way that the gravitational forces were self balancing. In effect you get the BH to go somewhere and you just hitch a ride.

The Viable mass referenced is 606000 Metric tons (so a KSP mass of 606). This would not pose a launch issue - it could be formed once already launched. In terms of danger, although smashing it into a planet would be bad, the comparative danger is arguably less than the antimatter source - a black hole in the final stages of Hawking decay exploding 1 AU from earth would have no appreciable effect. A disabled ship's antimatter containment failing could be far worse (varying on amoun, of course) the main point is that antimatter is potentially deadly in a wider range of cases, while the black hole device is deadly exactly if it hits the planet (and lacks sufficient velocity to smash through it and exit the other side (think neutronium) (giving opportunity to re-capture it before return).

With regard to containment - it trivial, given antimatter containment tech. Simply give the black hole a charge (feed it lots of electrons or lots of protons (maybe consume that chargedparticle resource directly to do so)).

Once created the black hole has to be fed (any, neutrally charged to preserve charge) matter to maintain its mass (and energy release rate).

This is the biggest advantage of the black hole drive - once created, one can harvest any resource planetside for this. This can also harvest interstellar dust and gas (once we have actual multiple star systems this will be much more important.

For extreme long-distance travel (the real world one seems to be able to make the one-way alpha centauri run in 3.5 years (from reference frame of traveler, assuming accel to .1c then decelerate [ie fastest trip]) one could even send a fleet of asteroid-mounted probes alongside kerbals, each with its own black hole, and consume first the asteroids, and then combine the black holes [although that might be horribly messy, might be better to have them go to trajectories where they won't hit anything before they evaporate] themselves if the interstellar media is insufficiently dense.

the comparative danger is arguably less than the antimatter source - a black hole in the final stages of Hawking decay exploding 1 AU from earth would have no appreciable effect. A disabled ship's antimatter containment failing could be far worse (varying on amoun, of course)

Um... You'd be hard pressed to build an antimatter storage that would have an appreciable effect on Earth from 1 AU. Keep in mind that 1 AU is the next best thing to eight and a half light minutes. Even from low orbit the danger of an exploding antimatter storage unit is pretty minimal, as long as you don't get large chunks of antimatter impacting the planet. That's a design issue. You can't subdivide a black hole to make it safer.