Kerbal Space Program Mission Generator

CoriW

Good work. :)
Great work! I can't wait to use this on videos and streams.

Thanks, hope you both enjoy it!

Hey Posting here as promised. I might make a new save to see how your missions work. I really hope Squad gets some inspiration from your work :)

Hey thanks for the post! Just a heads up on the note of how it works, you may notice a few improbable missions come up, that's on the "Known Bugs" list on the website and should be fixed for the next version, speaking of which I've completely re-built the script from scratch for 1.3 and it's looking a lot better than the current version.

Alright, so I saw the thread you made this off of, and I too liked it a lot. I made a script in Lua that turns it into a phrase, now I'm not sure about C++, but it should be easy enough to convert. PM me if you have any questions.

http://pastebin.com/VfiZuEBq

Thanks for the contribution, I've responded back to the PM you sent me regarding this.

Hey everybody, I've been working really hard the past few days on the Mission Generator, and with that I present to you version 0.3!

(I also just realized in my last post I said "1.3" instead of "0.3", whoops!)

Version 0.3 (13/08/2013, 8:00AM)

- [TECH] Completely rebuilt script from the ground up to use a much more efficient format

- [TECH] Fixed some bugs causing browsers to crash

Additions

- Added "Smart Destinations", Secondary Destination will no longer be further than 1 planet away from your Mission Destination

- Added Ship Type "Interplanetary Mothership" if Mission Destination is "Grand Tour"

- Added Ship Type "Spaceplane (Unmanned)"

- Added Objectives

- Added Objectives "Atmospheric Equatorial Flight", and "Atmospheric Polar Flight" for "Spaceplane (Manned)" and "Spaceplane (Unmanned)" Ship Types

- Added Objectives "Atmospheric Equatorial Landing" and "Atmospheric Polar Landing" for "Lander Probe (Unmanned)", "Lander Probe (Manned)", "Rover (Unmanned)", "Rover (Manned)", "Spaceplane (Unmanned)", and "Spaceplane (Manned)" Ship Types

- Added Objective "Study the Planet with Scientific Equipment" for "Lander Probe (Unmanned)", "Lander Probe (Manned)", "Rover (Unmanned)", "Rover (Manned)", "Spaceplane (Unmanned)", "Spaceplane (Manned)", and "Immobile Ground Base" Ship Types

- Added Objective "Locate an Anomaly" provided your Mission Destination has at least 1 anomaly on it for "Lander Probe (Unmanned)", "Lander Probe (Manned)", "Rover (Unmanned)", "Rover (Manned)", "Spaceplane (Unmanned)", and "Spaceplane (Manned)" Ship Types

- Added Objective "Colonization" for "Immobile Ground Base" Ship Type

Changes

- Changed Conditions so only two are listed, third condition is being replaced by Objective

- Changed Condition "Secondary Destination" from being a "Condition" to being listed in it's own category

- Changed "Equatorial Orbit", "Polar Orbit", "Equatorial Landing", and "Polar Landing" from Conditions to Objectives

- Changed Objectives "Equatorial Orbit", "Polar Orbit", "Equatorial Landing", and "Polar Landing" to show as plural or non-plural depending on if there is a Secondary Destination or not

- Changed Objectives "Equatorial Landing" and "Polar Landing" to only apply on non-atmospheric Mission Destinations, "Atmospheric Equatorial Landing" and "Atmospheric Polar Landing" will be used for atmospheric Mission Destinations

- Changed Objective "Return to Kerbin" to be required and listed as a second Objective if Ship Type is "Orbital Ship (Manned)", "Lander (Manned)", "Rover (Manned)", "Spaceplane (Manned)", or "Interplanetary Mothership"

- Changed Ship Type "Spaceplane (Manned)" and "Spaceplane (Unmanned)" to only be used for missions with the Objectives "Atmospheric Equatorial Flight", "Atmospheric Polar Flight", "Atmospheric Equatorial Landing", and "Atmospheric Polar Landing"

- Changed crew capacity requirement for Ship Type "Immobile Ground Base" to from (4 - 16) up to (6 - 24)

Removals

- Removed Mission Destination and Ship Type "Your Choice (...)" in preperation for future features

- Removed Secondary Destination if your Mission Destination is "Kerbin" or "Grand Tour"

- Removed Ship Type "Space Station" if your Mission Destination is "Grand Tour"

- Removed Ship Type "Space Station" if there is a Secondary Destination

- Removed Ship Type "Rover (Unmanned)" and "Rover (Manned)" if Objective is not "Study the Planet with Scientific Equipment" or "Locate an Anomaly"

- Removed Ship Type "Immobile Ground Base" if Objective is not "Colonization" or "Study the Planet with Scientific Equipment"

- Removed Condition "Time Limit of X Days" if your Mission Destination is "Kerbin" or "Grand Tour"

- Removed Condition "No Docking" if your Ship Type is "Lander Probe (Unmanned)", "Lander (Manned)", "Spaceplane (Unmanned)", "Spaceplane (Manned)", or "Interplanetary Mothership"

Fixes

- Fixed Condition "Time Limit of X Days", will now calculate the actual time the mission should take then randomize a bit

Version 0.3.1 (13/08/2013, 8:40AM)

Fixes

- Fixed Conditions both showing the same Condition

Removals

- Removed Condition "No Nuclear Engines" if Mission Destination is "Grand Tour"

Edited by CoriW

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey everybody so I think I want try to do some more stuff with this, I actually have a partially finished version that I never released. Will try to polish it up when I get the chance and release it.

EDIT: Unfortunately I seem to have lost my "idea sheet" I had for it. :(

EDIT: Hmm, who knew how unfamiliar code would look after not touching it for 4 months... xD

Edited by CoriW

• 5 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.