Extreme fragility of wheels since patch?

MaddPhish

Ever since I've picked up KSP again after the .21.0 and .21.1 patches I've noticed I'm having trouble keeping wheels intact on rovers for checkout on Kerbin. Just driving down the launchpad ramp or turning is enough to break wheels. Anyone else noticing this?

Not really, though it's possible for rover wheels and kerbals to become 'stuck' (kerbals appear to expire and cease being controllable) when contacting some areas within the new KSC, so odds are it's related to the new KSC assets and some clipping/ gaps. I managed to 'stick' Jeb to one edge at the top of the VAB at one point. :)

They do seem to break more often, though that's not so bad given that you can have a kerbal hop off and fix it, the bigger problem I've seen is that the new terrain seems to have more and larger of the 'bad segments' that make you bobble about, particularly up in the mountains.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.