SSL Bot Pack II - Satellites, Rovers, Probes, Lifters

botpack2_banner.jpg

Supersonic Labs is proud to announce the immediate release of SSL Bot Pack II, our newest collection of innovative unmanned mission platforms.

The Cicada SAT-IV common satellite platform now sports a dramatically slimmer enclosure as well as twice the battery capacity compared to the previous generation. Cicada SAT-IV is available in two configurations ; Cicada KSAT (Kethane satellite), equipped with the KE-S210 Compact Kethane Survey Unit, and Cicada RSAT (Relay Satellite), equipped with the Communotron 88-88, supporting interplanetary communication networks.

Ladybug KRV-IVb is our next generation rover platform. It comes equipped with a wide range of scientific tools, including the Lazor Cam and the KE-S210 Compact Kethane Survey Unit. Two onboard PB-NUK Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generators and one Z-400 Rechargable Battery Bank provide ample power for the most demanding missions. An integrated skycrane and Mk25 parachute ensure a soft landing in even the most challenging environments.

Pathfinder ERMP-II is an extreme range interplanetary probe. Featuring a slimmer enclosure and greater landing engine responsiveness compared to the previous generation, it comes equipped with scientific tools for measuring soil consistency and atmospheric pressure, as well as an enhanced Communotron 16, providing reliable communications from remote locations in the Kerbol system.

Energon PLSR-I is a ruggedized, 100% reusable launch stage. Energon PLSR-I comes in three varieties, 3X, 5X and 7X, each providing an increasing amount of thrust. Featuring dedicated power, communication and control systems, Energon PLSR-I acts as a separate vehicle once detached from its orbital payload. Multiple onboard recovery systems allow for controlled water landing and recovery. (please read Energon PLSR-I Guidelines for more details) In addition to serving as the launch stage for all our unmanned mission platforms, Energon PLSR-I 3X, 5X and 7X are provided as separate assemblies in order to add to any vehicle.

Each unmanned mission platform is propelled by an interplanetary transfer stage including the fuel efficient LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor and nearly 1000L of liquid rocket fuel, providing a generous Delta-V allowance. An integrated Protractor rendezvous calculator ensures consistent delivery to far flung targets while an onboard Anatid Robotics MechJeb 2.0 compute core provides automation functions and mission data.

Energon PLSR-I Launch and Recovery Guidelines -

* If using automated ascent, switch control to onboard PLSR MechJeb 2.0 unit prior to launch for greater stability.

* Energon PLSR-I is designed for water landing and recovery only.

* Stage 3 rockets are fired at 30M altitude for safe splashdown speed. (Energon 5X, firing altitude will differ slightly on Energon 3X, 7X)

* Stage 2 "tipper" rocket is fired immediately on splashdown.

* Stage 1 rockets are fired immediately once angle of vehicle reaches 45 degrees or less.

* Stage 0 rockets are fired immediately once vehicle is completely horizontal in order to stabilize and settle vehicle into water.

Download - SSL Bot Pack II (KSP 0.21)

Required mods - MechJeb 2, Protractor, Procedural Fairings, BFT Form Tank Pack, Kethane Pack, Lazor Cam

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.