SPH > VAB Save Transfer issue.

I do not know if this happens to just me or everyone, But whenever I make something in the SPH ( A rover for example ) and test it, It will say "Revert to spaceplane hanger" (Which it should) But then if I transfer the .Craft file over to the VAB in the game directory folder and test it out from the VAB, It will still say "Revert to spaceplane hanger" (When it should say "Revert to VAB")

It would be nice if the game would auto manipulate the .Craft file so somewhere in the lines it tells it where to go on the next reload using the DEBUG menu.

Anyone know how to solve this my self?

Go to your save folder

Open the ship folder within

Open the VAB folder

Find your craft file and open it in notepad. (you can do this by drag the file onto the notepad window or opening notepad and going file -> open then change the filetype to all and doing the above.)

Change the type = SPH to type = VAB

this is what the first few lines will look like:

ship = RT COM

version = 0.21.1

description =

type = VAB

Go to your save folder

Open the ship folder within

Open the VAB folder

Find your craft file and open it in notepad. (you can do this by drag the file onto the notepad window or opening notepad and going file -> open then change the filetype to all and doing the above.)

Change the type = SPH to type = VAB

this is what the first few lines will look like:

ship = RT COM

version = 0.21.1

description =

type = VAB

Oh thanks, I will remember that. Still, Auto rewrites would be nice to be added, Not a priority of any kind yet though.

Oh thanks, I will remember that. Still, Auto rewrites would be nice to be added, Not a priority of any kind yet though.
It's kind of the whole thing that it doesn't auto-rewrite. The VAB and the SPH are the same thing, essentially the same system, just with a few different settings and visuals. You will likely note that, when you load a craft you've made in the SPH, into the VAB, then edit it and save it, it does not become loadable from the VAB. Not the new, updated version. It gets saved into the same place it originated from, because that "type" tag, SPH or VAB, is what gets decided when the craft is first created, and never again unless you change it.

Quite simply, I would say, it is because this is never supposed to be an issue. Never meant to be an issue. The subassembly system that we're getting officially in 0.22, and have had for a while with the Subassembly Manager plugin, is bridging the two construction buildings enough that you never really need to move .craft files. I really suggest you try out that plugin. It's a much better way than juggling and editing .craft files in Notepad. ^_^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.