[KSP 0.13] Officially Released!

HarvesteR

Hi,

I\'m happy to announce that the 0.13 version of KSP is now official!

You can get it at the Downloads Page.

This update was focused on improving performance and fixing some long-standing issues. We have made the loading times about 5x faster, and made a significant performance optimization for very large ships. On some cases, up to a 20x FPS increase.

We\'ve also added a new part, called a Fuel Line, which allows you to set up external liquid fuel tanks, Shuttle-style (Fuel tanks can now also beside-mounted).

The full changelog can be seen here.

As we\'ve already announced earlier, this update marks the end of the free demo period. That is, we will continue to update KSP, but future updates will only be available for those who have ordered the game at our Store (and those who have already pre-ordered, of course).

The 0.13 version will remain available for free at the download page, as a demo version.

Thank you all for the incredible support so far, and here\'s to another year of KSP!

Happy Launchings, and Happy Holidays!

Cheers

Woot! Well ahead of your initially proposed schedule, outstanding work to the team.

As the last free update, I bid farewell as a part of the audience to an exciting phase of this game\'s development. Though I know that even more fun times await for us all.

I return an early Happy Holidays to the Devs of Squad for your rapid progression and dedication to an excellent game in the making.

Woot! Well ahead of your initially proposed schedule, outstanding work to the team.

As the last free update, I bid farewell as a part of the audience to an exciting phase of this game\'s development. Though I know that even more fun times await for us all.

I return an early Happy Holidays to the Devs of Squad for your rapid progression and dedication to an excellent game in the making.

Untill someone puts a crack up and half of the community downloads it and act\'s like they bought the game :P

idk why, but i cant open the folder after downloading :( its says the \'zipped file is invalid\', anyone know how to fix/ have this problem too?

i want to be amazed too lol

Sometimes the Server cuts the download process because of the user traffic... just try downloading again!

Cheers.

Great improvements! Big ships are much more stable now, and using couplers doesn\'t make your ship roll anymore.

However I don\'t really understand the benefit of the fuel line. When you attach fuel tanks on the side, you want an engine underneath them anyhow to help carry the weight.

Looking forwards very much towards all further improvents.

What a great game!

The big thing about fuel lines is that now you can also attach liquid tanks with the radial couplers. Attach a fuel tank, put a fuel line in, drain it, toss it. More fuel for your thirsty engines and the ability to sensibly jettison spent fuel tanks.

In other words, now a sensible Mun rocket based on stock parts that doesn\'t look like it\'s resting on a stone slab of boosters is quite possible. Actually, I built one without a single booster.

What you can do is attach parallel tank-tank-tank-motor stacks to your main stack, with fuel feeds draining the parallel stacks. The additional stacks drain FAST, because they are fuelling their own engines and the main engine. So, for the first few kilometres of altitude your main stack doesn\'t get touched. Then when the radial stacks are drained you dump them and carry on up with your 100% full main stack. It works extremely well!

It works better if you edit the radial decouplers .cfg\'s tgo switch them from fuelcrossfeed=true to fuelcrossfeed=false. At present they can end up draining the top tank of the main stack into the radial stacks, which rather defeats the purpose.

Richard.