Counter-weights

jgjiscool

This counter-weight was a perfect C7 wing tank... until we drained out all the yummy rocket fuel for ourselves and had the brilliant idea of replacing it with lead! We started stealing... um borrowing... without asking... or returning these parts to mass produce and so far success has followed!

I would remind you that all the parts involved in this... part belong to C7Studios. Except the lead. That belongs to the nuclear reactor shielding in the Vehicle Assembly Building. But shhhhhh. Noone need know.

These provide a nice way to hold down your custom launching stack when you are tight on fuel. They reduce the acceleration time by allowing you to keep the main tank fueled until you drop the stack so you already have power built up.

Remember:

THIS IS NOT A FUEL TANK

YOU DO NOT WANT THIS ON YOUR SHIP AFTER IT HAS LAUNCHED

THESE WILL EXPLODE ON CONTACT WITH THE GROUND\

YOU CANNOT STACK THEM SAFELY (still)

Well it aint really a fuel tank anymore. I just needed something to hold down my accelerating rocket while it was in prelaunch - proignition stage. Tanks with the fuel replaced with lead seems to work. Sorry this should be in releases, but oh well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.