KSP/Minecraft Players Thread

Lundmunchkins

I bought Minecraft in 2012, right before it got invaded with a stream of obnoxious fourth graders. I eventually moved over to KSP because of how young the player base for Minecraft was getting and how difficult it was to find a good server (seriously, any server that has creative mode usually has this system where you get a limited plot of land, and that's it. Not good for building giant starships or aircraft carriers and stuff like that). KSP seems like it will be protected against getting an annoying player base simply because of how smart you need to be to play the game.

If I could find a good Minecraft server though, I wouldn't mind trying it out again after all these years.

I bought Minecraft when the Halloween Update (Alpha 1.2.0) was released on October 30th 2010, so pretty much exactly 5 years ago (I can't believe it's been 5 years already!). I spent the first two or three years playing vanilla and then got into modded Minecraft when one of my high school friends introduced me to FTB. I still play quite actively, spending most of my time on modded, playing one of the various packs available on the FTB and Technic launchers.

Minecraft is by far my most played game, even KSP is nowhere near with its 750 hours of play time.

I play Minecraft when I'm in my stumped in KSP mode. I usually build things like trains, cars, more trains, a whole airport, etc. I am quite annoyed by the quite young player base, but I still go to school so yeah. What irritates me the most is when little kids act like they are all pros and all that junk. That's why I spend most my free time drawing up plans for KSP.

I used to play it, and I loved it. That is, until b1.8 got released. It killed the awesome terrain generator and replaced it with boring, flat terrain. And don't get me started on the Jungle and swamp biomes (did they add these in b1.8? I don't remember.). Gee, what an eyesore! 1.8 also introduced the hunger and the xp thing. I kinda liked the hunger system, but enchanting stuff and making potions was too rpg-ish for me. And then there's the obnoxious community there is made out of 11 years that popped into existence because of b1.8, too. Creative mode was somewhat fun, but it summoned the child community.

Because of the current MC community, I have to use a plugin that hifes YouTube videos that have the word Minecraft on their titles, so I don't feel like going EVA during a Jool reentry (Aka death).

The current servers are also a literal plugin wasteland. There are so many plugins in them that it doesn't feel like I'm playing MC. Admins have OP privileges, stuff is pay to win, and if the server has an economy system, you can't use the chat because it's spammed with trading ads.

b1.7.3 was the last good MC version, b1.8 killed it.

Just my 2 cents.

I play minecraft a lot when I have no internet, I made myslef a map with the exagerated mountain and I started a little steampunk-like town on top of the mountains with a metro system all controlled by redstone, I made it with rp multiplayer in mind even if it will never happen. I played this map in LAN mode with my cousin for about a week and we made very good progress with an automated food factory and a big exposition hall to test redstone stuff (I love redstone)

• 2 months later...

Bought Minecraft way back when it was $5, well before release.  Long before horses, jungles, experience points, enchanting, etc.

Haven't played it in a long, long time.  It's become over-saturated with stuff I don't care for, and there's plenty of other voxel-building games now.

• 2 weeks later...
On January 16, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Slam_Jones said:

Bought Minecraft way back when it was $5, well before release.  Long before horses, jungles, experience points, enchanting, etc.

Haven't played it in a long, long time.  It's become over-saturated with stuff I don't care for, and there's plenty of other voxel-building games now.

Yeah, I got it a long time ago (2011!) and I started losing interest after 1.4 post release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.