[All OS][Java] MultiPlayer Part Manager v3.4 - 2/March/2014 [Old KMP Version for DMP]

!!!===IMPORTANT===!!!

As KMP (and DMP) implemented their own /modgen feature I lost interest in this project and after that I completely lost interest in KSP as well (happens a few times a year). However, a friend of mine recommended DMP and I decided to check it out and try to set up my own server. I dislike the /modgen feature as I, actually, have no clue how to use it properly. Therefore, I decided to resurrect this project for the use of DMP. I noticed that they use the same mod.txt file, thus it won't be a big problem to reuse the exact same application.

You can easily rewrite the DMPmodcontrol.txt file like you are used to. As you know, spaceport has died and so has my download link. I created an account on Curse and I disliked this, therefore, I will host a download via my MEGA until I find a better solution. If you may have any questions or suggestions please do let me know.

!!!===END IMPORTANT STUFF===!!!

I'm sure as you know, Kerbal Multiplayer (KMP/DMP), has become a hit on the forum. If so, you might also have noticed that adding mods to can be a real pain. So, I present: MulitPlayer Part Manager!

Now you can easily manage the mods you want on your server! just make sure that everyone has the mods installed and this application =]

Schermafbeelding-2014-01-07-om-12.50.52-293x261.png

(Photo is down because Spaceport is down)

88x31.png

MultiPlayer Part Manager by CreationMe (Max van de Laar)

Licensed by Creative Commons

Download on MEGA MulitPlayer Part Manager v3.4

This is not an official application of KMP or DMP!

DMP can by found here

ChangeLog

v3.4

*An issue was found where the program could not overwrite the existing file. Hopefully fixed this by closing the file scanner before deleting the old file.

v3.3

*Added 'Legacy' mode, scans the latest KSP.log file in the folder. It will copy all the, by KSP loaded, part names.

*Improved general scanning by changing some parameters and added scanning in multiple encodings.

*Changed the way part names are saved. In v3.2 they were read from the textArea, now, they are stored and read from the array itself. This will probably fix the problem where Windows would write every part name to 1 line.

v3.2

*Fixed issue in Windows where 'parts' folders where skipped due to path error. Now the App detects the OS and changes the path accordingly

v3.1

*Fixed bug where linux folders were denied. Now the program checks if ksp.app, ksp.exe, ksp.x86 or ksp.x86_64 is present in the chosen ksp folder.

v3.0

*Fixed the bug haunting v2.x causing some cfg file to be missed because they were "empty" according the scanner.

*Moved around the layout a bit.

*Code rewritten and cleaned.

*KMP Server Mod Control compatible.

v2.5.1

*The previous version did not fixed everything and I still don’t know why it does not add every part.

I’ll explain my problem a bit: When testing the program in netbeans, everything works perfectly and every part is added. However, when exporting, it suddenly skips the stock parts: ladder1, GooExperiment, mediumDishAntenna, telescopicLadder and telescopicLadderBay, without any good reason. I checked some popular mods and as far as I can tell it adds all their parts. Thus I added the above listed parts manually in code if Squad is checked. Till now, I can not find a fix for this. If you come across any other mod pack or parts please let me know and I’ll add them manually as well or maybe I’ll find a vage pattern.

v2.5

*Fixed a major bug where some parts would not be added to the KMPpartlist.txt. To be honest still, no clue why they weren’t added but they are added now =D

v2.4

*Fixed bug where "_" would not be converted to ".", thus making a lot of parts invalid

v2.3

*Fixed bug where "tab" after a part name would result in a space or a "." in the KMPpartlist.txt file

*Added a (de)select all mods button

*Mods without parts are no longer listed

v2.2

*Fixed bug where if .cfg file contained more then 1 part config it would only process the first part

v2.1

*Fixed bug where part names with spaces would not be processed correctly

*Fixed bug where only one .cfg per folder would be processed

Suggestions and/or bugs are welcome here!

If someone knows how to create .exe and .app files from .jar or .java and is willing to explain to me. Please do send me a message =].

Bugs

*DMP sees EVA as a part. Because 'kerbalEVA' isn't in the part folder it is not picked up by the application so you must add it yourself to the DMPmodcontrol.txt file.

Edited by CreationMe
Resurrecting Project

Unfortunately version 2.0 is less effective than version 1.0 (which also misses parts, but thats the mod parts having spaces, not really the mod makers fault)

Does not parse through part2.cfg, and other areas to get parts =/

I could be using it wrong, but my parts list using version 1.0 is 940 parts long, while version 2.0 spits out a mere 597.

Unfortunately version 2.0 is less effective than version 1.0 (which also misses parts, but thats the mod parts having spaces, not really the mod makers fault)

Does not parse through part2.cfg, and other areas to get parts =/

I could be using it wrong, but my parts list using version 1.0 is 940 parts long, while version 2.0 spits out a mere 597.

Sir, without even looking to my code I suspect that you are totally correct!

I have not played KSP for a while actually, let alone tested this version extensively. I assume indeed that part names are indeed written without spaces. I think this is because of a time where this was a must in modding (back in 0.11-12 or something, not sure tho).

If you have the MPPM.log file for me would be great. And also your data.cfg.

Not sure about the part2.cfg, however, I'll have a look at it maybe later today. Thank you for your notice. I'll post a temp download to version one!

Edited by CreationMe

Sir, without even looking to my code I suspect that you are totally correct!

I have not played KSP for a while actually, let alone tested this version extensively. I assume indeed that part names are indeed written without spaces. I think this is because of a time where this was a must in modding (back in 0.11-12 or something, not sure tho).

If you have the MPPM.log file for me would be great. And also your data.cfg.

Not sure about the part2.cfg, however, I'll have a look at it maybe later today. Thank you for your notice. I'll post a temp download to version one!

Awesome! No problem, I apologise for my grumpyness - I had Late Kerbal syndrome ;)

Ok, so I'll upload those later, but I believe its looking only for 'part'.cfgs rather than checking each file (which is quicker, obviously, but misses things).

Also the spaces. Im not 100% sure, but are you also looking for multiple PART pieces per file read? As some people store multiple parts in one part.cfg

Edited by LuciferNZ
had*

Hi just tried using this and it works really good, but there is a slight problem with mods that have several part .cfg files in the same folder, the program simply ignores them and won't add any of the parts to the partslist just thought you might wan't to know.

Hi just tried using this and it works really good, but there is a slight problem with mods that have several part .cfg files in the same folder, the program simply ignores them and won't add any of the parts to the partslist just thought you might wan't to know.

Are you using v2.0 or v2.1. I thought I fixed this in v2.1. If you are indeed using 2.1 can you share your MPPM.log file and you KMPpartfile.txt.

Aah I had 2.0 upgrading fixed it thanks :)

Still have a part or two that doens't work, but I tried to add them manually to with no avail.

So that has something to to with part namin rather than your program.

Glad to hear it works =], was worried I missed something and I didn't felt like going through the code. But no need for it now! If you or someone else have any other problems or suggestions then just let me know =] and I'll look into it.

I did some more chekcing and there was a few parts still missing, mostly from Talisars structure parts in paritcular his Cubic Trusses.

They are in a map structure looking like this "GameData\ModsByTal\Parts\Structural\Cubic_Truss\..." and then there is 3 more folders in there, and it had overlooked the configs in them (only two of the folders have configs in them).

That is the biggest miss version v2.1 did that i have noticed.

Hope it helps :)

I did some more chekcing and there was a few parts still missing, mostly from Talisars structure parts in paritcular his Cubic Trusses.

They are in a map structure looking like this "GameData\ModsByTal\Parts\Structural\Cubic_Truss\..." and then there is 3 more folders in there, and it had overlooked the configs in them (only two of the folders have configs in them).

That is the biggest miss version v2.1 did that i have noticed.

Hope it helps :)

I couldn't find that mod anywhere, would you please be so kind to give me a link to it. And it would be nice if you can give me your MPPM.log and KMPpartlist.txt files when you try to add the Cubic Trusses mod

Confirmed. Much much better now though, Im at 951 vs 938 (original list vs new list) - It is indeed skipping multi part .cfgs in one folder.

Confirmed. Much much better now though, Im at 951 vs 938 (original list vs new list) - It is indeed skipping multi part .cfgs in one folder.

What mods aren't yet added in the v2.1? Plottr told me that the Cubic Trusses from ModsByTal aren't added correctly, however, I could not locate the issue for that mod. So if more people are facing this problem maybe I can find a pattern and fix this. I realize v1 gave much better results, but it was just a pain to load ksp prior using the program and it did not have the ability to easily delete not working mods. So in conclusion, if you know the mods that aren't added correctly please let me know (preferably with link to the mod)

ok your next challenge: the infernal robotics (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/37707-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Parts-Infernal-Robotics?highlight=magic+smoke) parts have different sizes that are defined in the part.cfg files. and GO! haha.

I didn't realize magic smoke defined them in the part.cfg. I'll take a look somewhere this week. Was away for the weekend so had no time to respond sooner, so sorry for the delay. Will post some findings about magic smoke soon!

I realize I am reporting back really soon already. Just opened the cfg for magic smoke and I recon I will have this finished somewhere between today and wednesday. However, no promises as I also have some more important coding stuff to do.

Any suggestions for improvement are welcome btw, for example the design? I don't know, if it is good then never mind. I always like some feedback on the design, what seems convenient for me doesn't has to be so convenient for you obviously =].

Edited by CreationMe

UPDATE V2.2

Fixed the bug where if there were more then 1 part configs in a .cfg file, it would only process the first one. So now magic smoke compatible.

Download the new version here MultiPlayer Part Manager v2.2

If you find any new bugs with this release, which is possible as I changed the search for names, please let me know asap.

UPDATE V2.2

Fixed the bug where if there were more then 1 part configs in a .cfg file, it would only process the first one. So now magic smoke compatible.

Download the new version here MultiPlayer Part Manager v2.2

If you find any new bugs with this release, which is possible as I changed the search for names, please let me know asap.

Version 2.2 now spits out 504 parts of 962 parts list.

I cant really give you specifics of whats missing (thats 400+), however, try downloading AIES Aerospace, as that has some obvious missing bits.

In short your app should:

Parse part.cfgs for multiple parts

Parse folders for multiple .cfg files (and ignore the ones that dont containt 'PART{' )

Check for 'white space' in some part names, otherwise you are getting things like 'AIES Engine Example' returning 'AIES' - which obviously doesnt work ;)

If you want help with your code, send me a PM - I do this sort of stuff in my lunch-breaks =)

Version 2.2 now spits out 504 parts of 962 parts list.

I cant really give you specifics of whats missing (thats 400+), however, try downloading AIES Aerospace, as that has some obvious missing bits.

In short your app should:

Parse part.cfgs for multiple parts

Parse folders for multiple .cfg files (and ignore the ones that dont containt 'PART{' )

Check for 'white space' in some part names, otherwise you are getting things like 'AIES Engine Example' returning 'AIES' - which obviously doesnt work ;)

If you want help with your code, send me a PM - I do this sort of stuff in my lunch-breaks =)

As far as I know I do check for white spaces, but maybe I rushed this version a bit. The coding isn't that much of a problem, it is reading all these different .cfg setups by mod makers. Most of them use a general template but some tend to deviate from it and then things go wrong. Thereby, I don't really test my application that well as I am programming this during my lunch breaks and train rides =]. Good thing is that you test them really good. Sadly, v2.2 is not what I hoped for but I'm working on the new version as I am writing this. So, I guess I'll report back soon and I'll add AIES Aerospace to my test list.

Thank you for your report

EDIT:

I couldn't find AIES Aerospace, so a link to it would be helpful

I also checked the tool with my older (heavily modded) ksp games and I can not detect any misses really. Is it possible you can provide me with your MPPM.log and KMPpartlist.txt

Edited by CreationMe

I'm developing for KMP. I'm moving mod control to the server side, so KMPPartList.txt will be server sided and distributed to clients (along with mod version control and other features coming soon).

I'm referencing this mod for building partlists in a comment in the server's configuration files. Is this all good with you?

This change will be added some time after 0.1.4.0, but hopefully well before 0.1.5.0.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.